PDA

View Full Version : back finally gave up

bigron62
05-07-2009, 10:14 AM
well boys the old back finally gave out ....they took me out of work in a golf cart ....ive been running on self will/and pills ....i knew it the night before and told my wife the end is near and i shouldnt have attempted to go in but im a stubborn one ... anyway ive been waiting for a discagram to test the disc for pain ...i guess its a formality before surgery ... im waiting for that and im gonna try not to lose my temper with the doctors while waiting ... financially im ok we can get by...if something bad happens my wife is a speech therapist and she will step up and do extra work ...if it wasnt for her i would be stressed out to the max...ill be on here more ...ha ha nothing else to do :rofl...

Beemerboy
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Hope that you can get that taken care of soon Ron, the detail season is coming up fast...take care buddy!

black bart
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
well boys the old back finally gave out ....they took me out of work in a golf cart ....ive been running on self will/and pills ....i knew it the night before and told my wife the end is near and i shouldnt have attempted to go in but im a stubborn one ... anyway ive been waiting for a discagram to test the disc for pain ...i guess its a formality before surgery ... im waiting for that and im gonna try not to lose my temper with the doctors while waiting ... financially im ok we can get by...if something bad happens my wife is a speech therapist and she will step up and do extra work ...if it wasnt for her i would be stressed out to the max...ill be on here more ...ha ha nothing else to do :rofl...Been their and done that.
You will love that test. When he hits the bad dics you will come right up off of the table :passout:

bigron62
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
yea im sure its gonna suck ....ive had cortisone injections w/ local anastectic and i could feel it...im just looking to get through this woth a good outcome

black bart
05-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I"m currently waiting for them to call me to tell me my surgery date.
Should be in the next few weeks.

Have they told you how long it will take to recover from the surgery???

bigron62
05-07-2009, 10:57 AM
good luck bud ... i was told 3mos recovery

9D4E420
05-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Hope all goes well for you and the family Ron. Best wishes on the surgery and a speedy recovery.

black bart
05-07-2009, 11:13 AM
good luck bud ... i was told 3mos recoveryReason I ask is first time I ask my surgeon told me 2 or 3 months but the next time I ask he said 3 or 4 months.

I"m getting 2 dics replaced and at my age if I can recover in 6 moths I think I will be doing good.

Hope all goes well for you.

GearHead_1
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
good luck bud ... i was told 3mos recovery

Good luck with that one. If you are having only a discectomy you can double that amount of time. If you are having a fusion you`ll be wondering how long recovery takes at a year out. The pain that is delivered when they hit that certain nerve bundle is excruciating, almost beyond description. Made me sick to my stomach, the whole time they`re telling you to hold still. Disc replacement was not an option when I went through it, too much arthritis. I`ve heard good things about it and also they have a new procedure that somehow re-inflates ruptured discs. Sorry you have to look forward to this.

Ronkh
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Good luck

bigron62
05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
normally i would get all stressed out on what some of you have said but when you are bedridden and in terrible pain it has a way of making you accept whatever comes your way and hope for a less painful day .....im always saying i wish i had some time to just think about things and sort it all out and possibly find a new direction to go career wise possibly and other things ....

black bart
05-07-2009, 06:09 PM
normally i would get all stressed out on what some of you have said but when you are bedridden and in terrible pain it has a way of making you accept whatever comes your way and hope for a less painful day .....im always saying i wish i had some time to just think about things and sort it all out and possibly find a new direction to go career wise possibly and other things ....Ron I know what you are talking about.
I have put off this operation as long as I can but now I feel I have no choice unless I want to spend the rest of my like in a wheel chair.

If you have a herniated disc`s that is not all that bad I had a friend that had it and a few months after his operation he was doing fine.

I wish that was what I was looking at but they are going to remove mine and install artificial disc`s in their place.
I had back surgery back in Oct. 2007 but this one is going to be a much bigger deal.

They can fill a ruptured disc`s with a substance that hardens and repair it with just a very small incision.

sal329
05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Best of luck to you, lets pray for a 100% speedy recovery