PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleaning the Man Cave

Pages : [1] 2

gewb
05-06-2009, 10:13 PM
After about 23 years in our place the man cave was trashed - it was time for some spring cleaning! Four weekends later (and about $700 poorer) it has shaped up - not done but close.

> Paint walls, ceiling, old cabinets and door
> New handles on old cabinets
> New storage shelving
> New work benches
> New entry door handle, lock and kick plate
> New wall cabinet
> New long tool organizer
> New peg boards
> New storage bins

Threw out lots of old junk and organized the rest of the stuff (hey, I know I haven`t used that in 15 years but I MIGHT need it some day!).

Spent two days replacing garage door parts and tuning the door (plus another half day grinding part of the garage floor flat so it would close properly).

Still need to organize all of my wood and add another 120V circuit.

Want to do the floor but word came down: "It`s a GARAGE! No new floor until the home is recarpeted, the kitchen cabinets refinished and the living room furnature reupholstered."

Sigh. But I`m happy with what I was able to do!

Regards,
GEWB

Beemerboy
05-06-2009, 10:41 PM
The man cave is looking gooooood!!

Any tunes for the cave in case you want to do a mating call dance?

flash gordon
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Man you got it looking sharp as a tack.:bigups My place currently looks like a bomb went off in it.

tuscarora dave
05-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Looks good, My man cave is still rolling on all four.

gewb
05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
The man cave is looking gooooood!!

Any tunes for the cave in case you want to do a mating call dance?

Thanks!

Tunes are via iPod.

Regards,
GEWB

gewb
05-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Man you got it looking sharp as a tack.:bigups My place currently looks like a bomb went off in it.

I didn`t take "before" pics (probably should have) - even if I had I wouldn`t dare post them!:eek:

Regards,
GEWB

gewb
05-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Looks good, My man cave is still rolling on all four.

Which means less stuff to organize, clean or throw out...

...unless "rolling on all four" is a 50 footer!

Regards,
GEWB

9D4E420
05-07-2009, 09:23 AM
That`s a clean looking spot you got hope you enjoy many hours polishing and waxing away.

sal329
05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Its looking great man

PA DETAILER
05-09-2009, 06:26 PM
your hard work paid off. very nice!

blk45
05-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Looking good GEWB! It`s always nice when the garage is organized. It amazes me how many people use the garage as a "dump site" and let their cars sit outside.

gewb
05-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words 9D4E420 (Kurt), sal329, JK RUBICON and blk45.

I put the cave to use for a couple days as I learned to use my Flex XC 3401 DA polisher! Lots of work `cause the clear coat turned out to be pretty hard but the effort was worth it.

Now I get to straighten up the cave all over again!

Regards,
GEWB

OCDinPDX
05-14-2009, 12:21 AM
This post just reminded me. I`ve been away from the garage for two plus months which almost guarantees me that my dad has taken over the workbench and put boxes and whatnot where they DON`T belong. And he washed his car with my stuff while I`ve been gone and ten bucks says THAT was put back in the wrong spot and if he used lint sheets or fabric softeners with my MF pads, I`ll kill him. I`ll have to clean up the man cave before I clean up the car. It`s hard for me to guess which one will look worse at this point. The Santa Fe is looking AWFUL. Central Texas roads are rough on cars, especially because I`ve been driving her through low-water crossings several times daily.

Edit: To the OP, the cave looks GREAT. :bigups

flash gordon
05-14-2009, 06:08 AM
This post just reminded me. I`ve been away from the garage for two plus months which almost guarantees me that my dad has taken over the workbench and put boxes and whatnot where they DON`T belong. And he washed his car with my stuff while I`ve been gone and ten bucks says THAT was put back in the wrong spot and if he used lint sheets or fabric softeners with my MF pads, I`ll kill him. I`ll have to clean up the man cave before I clean up the car. It`s hard for me to guess which one will look worse at this point. The Santa Fe is looking AWFUL. Central Texas roads are rough on cars, especially because I`ve been driving her through low-water crossings several times daily.

Edit: To the OP, the cave looks GREAT. :bigups

Your a Funny Guy OCD,^^^^^^^^:rofl

How do you get from Kansas to Oregon -via- Texas?:huh:

OCDinPDX
05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Your a Funny Guy OCD,^^^^^^^^:rofl

How do you get from Kansas to Oregon -via- Texas?:huh:

Thanks. I try to make people :lol2:

I went to school in KS and the deal was that if I passed I could take a road trip that I`ve always wanted to take on my dad`s dime. :rockon

So from KS, I headed east to Pennsylvania where I visited my sister in Carlisle and then headed east a bit more to my old school outside Philly. Then I headed down the eastern seaboard to Montgomery, AL where I toured the Hyundai plant there. Skip down to Panama City Beach for a gorgeous evening of beach walking in warm water. :cool: I then jumped on I-10 and shot into TX on Mother`s Day. The Santa Fe needs some work so she`s at an independent shop right now. Once that`s sorted, I`m off to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and just ONE night in Vegas.

I`d like to visit an old friend in LA but she`s super busy and hasn`t the time to call me back. So if I don`t hear from her I`ll skip through California up I-5 and back into Oregon.

The Santa Fe hasn`t been properly cleaned since April 20th. I gave her a quick going over in Philadelphia but she got rained on within the hour and hasn`t been cleaned since. She`s a total mess. :help: Chances are she won`t get cleaned until I get home. You can expect a full detail and write-up from me on that. She`s actually starting to look like all the other SFs out there; neglected and filthy.