PDA

View Full Version : Need more Poorboys

atkinsonair
05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if i could request the poorboys line of this. Saw on yahoo. Get those auto parts gleaming

According to The Cymbal Book by Hugo Pinksterboer, some folks have seen decent results getting their cars to shine by rubbing with ketchup. The book notes that the condiment does a good job cutting tarnish, but not so well in removing dirt. Sounds like you may need a multi-step process, with some soap and water as well.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.:lol2:

RTexasF
05-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Catsup with sealant?
Catsup with carnauba?
Poorboys Red AIO?

*Fries optional at additional cost

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

CharlesW
05-02-2009, 03:28 PM
The thing that has always made me curious about this sort of thing is what ever possessed an individual to use catsup on their car in the first place.

atkinsonair
05-02-2009, 04:37 PM
BOLD AND BRIGHT Tomato paste.

Ronkh
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Pockets will apply it for you.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/ronkh/1241287546.jpg

Big Leegr
05-02-2009, 11:34 PM
The thing that has always made me curious about this sort of thing is what ever possessed an individual to use catsup on their car in the first place.
I`m not sure about what`s mentioned in the article, but with regards to the "why would someone use ___ on that?" question, it may be that someone had a background in chemistry and realized that some products had ingredients that were the same as in something used for a totally different task.

As to the polishing of a car, I don`t think it was meant for paint, but rather for brightwork. Ketchup/catsup has been known as an alternative "polish/cleaner" to remove tarnish from brass and copper for many many years, (although, not necessarily as effectively as a product designed specifically for that task) so it may have been used as a last minute fix at some car show, someone saw it and thought it was a secret "miracle cure" rather than a "quick fix," spread the word, and there you have it.