PDA

View Full Version : Leather repair in the Venice, FL area

AlphaOmega
05-01-2009, 09:08 AM
I have a customer with a Ford F150 King Ranch. He slid out of his driver seat with a fishing lure in his pocket. Caused some minor but noticable "tracks" on the leather. Can anyone from the Venice area give me some names of people he can check out who can repair such things?

The seat isn`t actually ripped or puntured, it`s just a jagged line across the leather.

flash gordon
05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
:cool: Do you know anyone at any of the Local Stealerships? They will know someone you can use at a Wholesale price so your profit will be Higher. If you know no one, look in Yellow Pages under Automotive Uphoulstery shops, explain to them what your trying to accomplish and maybe yall can deal....Might even get some work out of it.:rockon

JohnHenry
05-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Hey, man... how`s it going?

Here`s some advice from a KR owner who`s abused his truck for four years. I have two small dogs with sharp nails, and I`ve owned a concrete business... always getting in and out of the vehicle covered in cement dust and sand. Love the King Ranch trim, but it was a poor choice for me to say the least.

Get a bottle of PB`s Leather Stuff. Mix some LS and water 1:1 in a separate squirt bottle. Use the solution with a clean MF to scrub and wipe the seats clean. Then, on an 80+ degree day, let the interior temp get well over 100, and massage the full strength PoorBoy`s into the leather. A couple of light treatments works well. Repeat weekly (minus the scrubbing stage, unless needed). A 16oz. bottle will last a loooonnnnggg time.

This method doesn`t have the PB`s stamp of approval, but it works better for me than anything else I`ve tried. I`ve found that most automotive leather treatments are intended for coated leather. They leave an artificial shine on my saddle leather. The PB`s Leather Stuff soaks in and seems to nourish the leather.

I have "repaired" some incredible scratches, dried out alligator checking, scuffs, etc. with Poorboy`s.

Good luck, Brian. Stop in when you`re in the neighborhood. :cool:

Troy@Protekt
05-02-2009, 07:16 AM
I wish I had somebody to refer to you. Hoyt`s Upholstery in Sarasota is where I usually send people to.

tmacsad
05-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey, man... how`s it going?

Here`s some advice from a KR owner who`s abused his truck for four years. I have two small dogs with sharp nails, and I`ve owned a concrete business... always getting in and out of the vehicle covered in cement dust and sand. Love the King Ranch trim, but it was a poor choice for me to say the least.

Get a bottle of PB`s Leather Stuff. Mix some LS and water 1:1 in a separate squirt bottle. Use the solution with a clean MF to scrub and wipe the seats clean. Then, on an 80+ degree day, let the interior temp get well over 100, and massage the full strength PoorBoy`s into the leather. A couple of light treatments works well. Repeat weekly (minus the scrubbing stage, unless needed). A 16oz. bottle will last a loooonnnnggg time.

This method doesn`t have the PB`s stamp of approval, but it works better for me than anything else I`ve tried. I`ve found that most automotive leather treatments are intended for coated leather. They leave an artificial shine on my saddle leather. The PB`s Leather Stuff soaks in and seems to nourish the leather.

I have "repaired" some incredible scratches, dried out alligator checking, scuffs, etc. with Poorboy`s.

Good luck, Brian. Stop in when you`re in the neighborhood. :cool:

This is good info :bigups I will definitely try this.