PDA

View Full Version : Black nightmare / not on elm street

njcarting1
04-30-2009, 07:27 AM
I did a quick rince and wipe down yesterday before leaving for a job.The vehicle looked good under the garage lights but in the sun looked like crap.

Black,black,black it just plane and simple S***S and is not worth the effort as a daily driver work vehicle.9 plus hrs with the ssr line the bh,the ex,natty`s blue and red.Looks like I must now go over the whole vehicle with a one step pws and white pad to correct the issue.

Washing with a foam gun and 1-2 waxes a week is not helping the shine.I do not have swirls coming back just not keeping the original glassy look after the 9-plus hour campaign.The paint is still glossy,but it looks like the mirror image in the larger panels is getting less and less.Looks like its getting cloudy if this is possible?? Could It be the soap?

Money is not the problem I will get whatever I need to keep the shine.Time is the larger issue,and I have all the wrong things here also.Hard water,must dry each and every time,this being said,I believe each time you wipe to dry you must be taking off the wax,????? true false...

Any suggestions,any hope for a fussy owner with a bad daily driver color.:surrender

flash gordon
04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
:cool: iF $$$ IS NO Object....Paint it White,Silver orGold
I had a Black Daily Driver once....I feel your pain
You could surely get a good deal on trade in,I`m afraid anything less than this you will have this battle till its over:passout:

Poorboy
04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Bill, how did it look after the SSR`s? I finish up black vehicles with SSR1 and a finishing pad at speed of 5-6. This is where the gloss should be ... everything after the polishing is to enhance and lock in the polished look.
Explain your steps and how you do it or just give me a call to discuss your methods. I also would not use Natty`s red on a daily driver that is not really well maintained. Red exaggerates the paint ..for good paint it will make it better for bad paint ...well :notme:

njcarting1
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Bill, how did it look after the SSR`s? I finish up black vehicles with SSR1 and a finishing pad at speed of 5-6. This is where the gloss should be ... everything after the polishing is to enhance and lock in the polished look.
Explain your steps and how you do it or just give me a call to discuss your methods. I also would not use Natty`s red on a daily driver that is not really well maintained. Red exaggerates the paint ..for good paint it will make it better for bad paint ...well :notme:

After a call,Steve told me some of what might be going on and straightened it out for me.The problem is my washing technique and could be some cheaper wash and bug cleaning products from a local distributor.I Placed an order and will try and straighten out the problems with new products from PB.

Thanks again Steve...:yay

Ronkh
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
After a call,Steve told me

I`ve made a bunch of those calls myself... :help:

RobertP
04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Any suggestions,any hope for a fussy owner with a bad daily driver color.:surrender

You may want to get you a bottle (or if your like me, a gallon :D) of Poorboys QD+ for maintenance in between washings, I have three black vehicles that I use this on on a regular basis, and all of them look like the day that I polished them. You will notice that over time your car will be easier to keep clean, be easier to wash and will keep that deep black look.
IMO this is one of Steve`s best products that deserves more attention than it gets.

It does take a little practice to get the application right, since it has wax it in, it can streak if not applied properly, I suggest getting a couple of the fine mist sprayers that Steve offers and use them instead of the regular nozzle that comes with it. A little goes along way with this product, too much and you will could get streaking.

One more thing to note about QD+ that I have found, and I don`t know if its recommended or not, maybe Steve can interject here, but I actually use it on my black trim.
When I first started using it I accidentally sprayed my textured molding on my truck and thought that it would turn white because of the wax, well it didn`t, and actually made the trim look new.
Now I don`t use dressing on my plastic trim, I just use the QD+ and wipe it off, nothing sticks to it, water beads off of it, and it all looks new. :bigups