(2) LC Black Pads
And heres the list of products I have:
Poorboys SSR 3
Poorboys SSR 2.5
Poorboys Polish w/Carnuba-Blue
Poorboys Black Hole
Poorboys EX Sealant w/Carnuba
Poorboys Natty`s-Blue
I`ll be detailing my Black 2002 Blazer and what would be the best products to use. I`ve done this suv last year and used SSR 2.5 w/Orange pad, Polish w/White pad, EX w/Black pad, then applied Natty`s by hand. It turned out great but now I just pick up a bottle of Black Hole and what to throw that in there. Should I use the Black Hole in place of the Polish? If so what pad should I use? Thanks

Ronkh
04-29-2009, 05:19 PM
IMHO
pb 2.5 (if needed)
pb 1 on white pad (you don;t have it) or propolish on white pad or polish w/carnuba (if you get pro polish you can use sealant after the black hole. If not then use the steps as outlined)
pb black hole - black hole
natty`s blue

Mr. Clean
04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
How much correction do you need to do? I can`t speak to the PB SSRs, but my **impression** based on reading multiple posts, you can do quite a bit of correction with 2.5 and a LC orange pad. Do you need that much?

Otherwise it looks like you have the arsenal to provide a very shiny black vehicle. I like EX and Polish w/Carnauba on black. Finish off either w/Black Hole and/or Natty`s Blue and step back and admire. :)

Post up which process you ended up with.

blk45
04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
IMHO
pb 2.5 (if needed)
pb 1 on white pad (you don;t have it) or propolish on white pad or polish w/carnuba (if you get pro polish you can use sealant after the black hole. If not then use the steps as outlined)
natty`s blue

Agreed.

Peco
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
How much correction do you need to do? I can`t speak to the PB SSRs, but my **impression** based on reading multiple posts, you can do quite a bit of correction with 2.5 and a LC orange pad. Do you need that much?

Otherwise it looks like you have the arsenal to provide a very shiny black vehicle. I like EX and Polish w/Carnauba on black. Finish off either w/Black Hole and/or Natty`s Blue and step back and admire. :)

Post up which process you ended up with.Well as correction goes I only drive this vehicle 6 months out of the year. But those 6 months are the rainy, snowy, salty, sandies days of the year. I try VERY hard to keep this bad boy clean, but like I said with the sand and dirty snow she has some nice looking swirl marks in her from hand washing and drying it. There are no real deep scratches that I real can see. So my main correction will be the swirl marks.

Peco
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
IMHO
pb 2.5 (if needed)
natty`s blue

SSR 2.5
Polish w/Carnuba Black Hole
Natty`s Blue
This my sound dumb but wouldn`t I use a sealant after Black Hole and before Natty`s? I my spring for the Pro Polish before I start this project, but if I don`t I`ll be going with what I have and that would be the Polish w/Carnuba.

Poorboy
04-30-2009, 08:57 AM
I think everyone has hit the nail on the head :rockon

I`d go with SSR2.5 and a white pad to start(a couple passes), try the worst panel... then see if you need to bump up to the orange pad ...SSR3 will not be needed here. Then go with the rest of your plan :)

Ronkh
05-01-2009, 10:26 AM
SSR 2.5
Polish w/Carnuba Black Hole
Natty`s Blue
This my sound dumb but wouldn`t I use a sealant after Black Hole and before Natty`s? I my spring for the Pro Polish before I start this project, but if I don`t I`ll be going with what I have and that would be the Polish w/Carnuba.

Polish would remove the bh.
Go with polish, bh then pure selant.

Mr. Clean
05-01-2009, 11:05 AM
OK, this is for my clarification as I have not used a glaze in years and when I did I was using waxes.

Wouldn`t the glaze go after the sealant? Then topping the glaze with a wax?

Ronkh
05-01-2009, 11:08 AM
OK, this is for my clarification as I have not used a glaze in years and when I did I was using waxes.

Wouldn`t the glaze go after the sealant? Then topping the glaze with a wax?

Depends on the type of glaze. Black hole is not an oliy glaze so no problem putting a sealant over it.

Mr. Clean
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Fine tuning `til I get it right. :)

So in the following combinations: EX-P over WD or EX over BH, the longevity/durability of the sealant is not comprimised?

Is that order delivering the optimum visual?

Ronkh
05-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Fine tuning `til I get it right. :)

So in the following combinations: EX-P over WD or EX over BH, the longevity/durability of the sealant is not comprimised?

Is that order delivering the optimum visual?

A little, but don`t sweat it. If you used a polish or product with polish in it over a glaze, you will take off the glaze. The sealant over glaze seals the glaze in.

Mr. Clean
05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Polish over glaze=glaze removal? Elementary and not a part of the equation to my question.

Trying to clarify further, consider this a "best practices" inquiry. I am not asking if it can be done, the ability to do so is obvious. If the glaze compromises the longevity of the protective/appearance qualities of the sealant, then a wax topper sounds more appropriate. Adding an additional product + application step to only negatively impact one of the benefits of a sealant (should last longer than a wax) doesn`t make much sense for me.

Ronkh
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Polish over glaze=glaze removal? Elementary and not a part of the equation to my question.

Trying to clarify further, consider this a "best practices" inquiry. I am not asking if it can be done, the ability to do so is obvious. If the glaze compromises the longevity of the protective/appearance qualities of the sealant, then a wax topper sounds more appropriate. Adding an additional product + application step to only negatively impact one of the benefits of a sealant (should last longer than a wax) doesn`t make much sense for me.

My personal prefference is 2 coats of sealant, then wax.... lots of wax. (i`m a wax waster)