PDA

View Full Version : Car wash idiots stealing posts on Craigslist???

Garry Dean
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I get a call from a local detailer today who tells me that he just noticed several posts that look exactly like mine, but with undercut prices on Craigslist this morning. I work very hard to make my posts professional and I think it is rediculous that this guy is lacking so much creativity that he can`t write his own post! What a total ****!

I had my girlfriend call him while I was on a job today and ask him a few questions. Man, I didn`t know that bananas made wax. This guy says that he applies "banana wax" to your paint and headlights and it will last several years, but he doesn`t know for sure. He also told my girlfriend that her car needed to be buffed out with a "sand compound." I`m not quite sure what that is, but apparently its good stuff.

My girlfriend asked him what PH balanced wash was and then he directly hung up on her and never called back.

What an idiot! These people make us look bad!

He didn`t even speak proper English!

Sorry about my rant! Thanks for reading!

JaredPointer
04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
So that`s who that was that I was talking to today....

Garry Dean
04-28-2009, 09:04 PM

You spoke to that idiot too?

flash gordon
04-28-2009, 09:22 PM
:cool:Craigslist is not the only place people will "jack" your thoughts/ideas.(Look in the Mirror:inspector:) there are plenty on this site that do a pretty good job of that also.

Tex Star Detail
04-28-2009, 10:14 PM
LMAO. No, he was saying he was the detailer that talked to your girlfriend. hehehehehe
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x113/Shinade_2007/LarryCG_ThatsFunny.jpg

Garry Dean
04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
ok, ok, that was funny. LOL

Mr. Clean
04-28-2009, 10:34 PM

Dude...that was me. I`m quoting your posts everywhere. :idea

tmacsad
04-28-2009, 10:50 PM
I believe this is happening everywhere Premium. Even in good old OKLAHOMA. I been see a lot of ads from people charging 50-75 $ for full details on SUV :wow:. Just the signs of the times we`re living in.

I use a link to my site on Craigslist which makes it kinda hard for someone to still my stuff. This maybe something you could look into. :hmmm:

Garry Dean
04-29-2009, 07:12 AM
I believe this is happening everywhere Premium. Even in good old OKLAHOMA. I been see a lot of ads from people charging 50-75 $ for full details on SUV :wow:. Just the signs of the times we`re living in.

I use a link to my site on Craigslist which makes it kinda hard for someone to still my stuff. This maybe something you could look into. :hmmm:

I think I will try that. I will just write a few words then invite them to visit my website. Thanks!

RaskyR1
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
After seeing this thread I did a local search on Craigs List and came up with 69 hits for detailing! WTF! Some of these guys say they will do complete details for $50-100! No wonder I have people asking why I charge so much! :mad:

hemin8r
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
After seeing this thread I did a local search on Craigs List and came up with 69 hits for detailing! WTF! Some of these guys say they will do complete details for $50-100! No wonder I have people asking why I charge so much! :mad:

Funny, I get the same thing from people asking me for prices and then say "whoa that`s expensive". I don`t even think my prices are that high to begin with.
I hear you Premium. Some of these guys are hacks.

kenseth17
04-30-2009, 11:15 PM
I think all trades have enough hacks and undercutters, or people who have no clue what they are doing, that create a bad name for their industry.
Auto body is no different then detailing. Shops that cave into insurance companies help to keep labor rates and pay low, and make it tougher to get payed for all hours on the job.

I put an ad or two on craiglist a few years back, and either would be flagged for no good reason or emails from mostly cheapskates or some nigerian scam artist.
The guy that wrote about a small dent in his quarter panel he wanted fixed was classic, could see even from a picture he took from the front the whole rearend was wiped out. Then the hilarious ad by someone trying to beat a maaco price on a paint job. I don`t even bother posting there anymore. Let the paint gypsys have those kind of jobs, and then the people who use them can wonder why the work they got was terrible or there cash was run off with and the person disappeared.

Probably was much easier for him to copy your ad, then learn english or write a correctly spelled coherent sentance and have any sort of creativity.

sjr
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
I had a guy call me the other day for a quote on fleet washing for big electrical bucket trucks. he said just a basic wash and vacuum. I told him I charge 45 dollars an hour minimum 2 hrs. He said DAYUM! I got a lady in Laredo who will do wash wax and dressing 35 a truck! I said wow!, well good luck. lol.

Fishpimp
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
We don`t charge a lot. We charge differently. We detail and wash cars for those who know and want the difference. My modo is that eventually they will all come. I keep setting up my soap box and I preach the same message over and over again.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Pay for mediocrity and you will get mediocrity...

Please note: There is a cost associated with being different because you will find that "word of mouth" will become your number one sales person. If they aren`t talking well about you then you are no different than any other detailer.