PDA

View Full Version : Namco "the Scooter" extractor

lonewolf525
04-27-2009, 09:50 AM
have you guys heard of this extractor? i local vacuum shop has one for sale and was wondering if it is a good extractor?

Mr. Clean
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I had not until your post. Checked their website and saw a used one over on the Steambrite site. 100 psi pump, 10 gal recovery tanks, a single 3-stage vac or a pair of 2 stage vacs, and 140" or 180" water lift for the 1000 or 2000 models respectively. Those sound pretty solid, but like you I would prefer to hear some first hand experiences. I did notice that their warranty on their pumps and motors are 1 year and pro-rated over that year.

How long has this shop been carrying this brand? Will they do all of the warranty and post warranty service? Having local access to your servicing company is an obvious plus.

If you go with this machine, be sure and post your experiences.

Poorboy
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
I took a look too and it seems more like a home carpet cleaning machine. There are smaller more economical machines around by Duramaid, Aztec, etc .. specifically made with attachments for automotive use. those are big machines with huge tanks and the attachments are pretty expensive like the machines.

lonewolf525
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
i did go to their website and found out that they mainly deal with home carpets and not auto. i need to call them to see if maybe they have a wands that are smaller because the one i saw is a 4 foot long wand. i will call them and find out.

Poorboy
04-27-2009, 11:58 AM
i did go to their website and found out that they mainly deal with home carpets and not auto. i need to call them to see if maybe they have a wands that are smaller because the one i saw is a 4 foot long wand. i will call them and find out.

look under attachments ... there are a few for upholstery ... but they are a bit expensive and the warranty is rather short ;)

Mr. Clean
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
From what I`ve seen, you can search around and find the "economy" (plastic) upholstery tool for a bit cheaper, but you will pay for the better quality stainless steel tools.