PDA

View Full Version : New Car care tips

Pages : [1] 2

dmot1
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2009 black civic, and I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to properly prevent imperfections, and maintain the shiny look. I am totally new at this so please bear with my stupid questions. I am a little confused on what to start with.
what kind of products do you guys suggest?
what kind of cleaning regime should I implement?

Thanks a lot

flash gordon
04-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2009 black civic, and I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to properly prevent imperfections, and maintain the shiny look. I am totally new at this so please bear with my stupid questions. I am a little confused on what to start with.
what kind of products do you guys suggest?
what kind of cleaning regime should I implement?

Thanks a lot

`SEARCH FORUMS" you will find these on tha home page :dcrules

tmacsad
04-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I am totally new at this so please bear with my stupid questions.

Someone told me once that
"The only stupid question... is a qeustion that isn`t asked." ;)

Is this your daily driver?

flash gordon
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Someone told me once that
"The only stupid question... is a qeustion that isn`t asked." ;)

Is this your daily driver?

:cool:Who buys a Honda that is not a DD? :cool: :dcrules

dmot1
04-23-2009, 10:45 PM
yeah, I drive it to school and work
Thanks for the quick reply by the way

Ronkh
04-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Read some of teh product reviews, and ck the detailing showcase etc.
Then ck the sponser threads.
LOTS OF GOOD INF0+TIPS
Then figure out what type of detail/protection you want to do........

It`s a blast !!

Oh yeah, when ya do something, pics a re required.

Beemerboy
04-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Like Ron said, use the search function there is a lot of good info on car cleaning tips

tmacsad
04-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Read some of teh product reviews, and ck the detailing showcase etc.
Then ck the sponser threads.
LOTS OF GOOD INF0+TIPS
Then figure out what type of detail/protection you want to do........

It`s a blast !!

Oh yeah, when ya do something, pics a re required.

Ron you stole my lines again. :cheers:

flash gordon
04-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Like Ron said, use the search function there is a lot of good info on car cleaning tips

:cool: Yea do as Ron & Beemerboy say. They have more experience than anyone on here running a detail biz(NOT) Now please excuse me while I go an :vomit: :cool: :dcrules

dmot1
04-24-2009, 01:08 PM
ok so what I plan to do now is keep on reading. I read the OCD detail guide for beginners and I am reading product reviews.

So far, I have decided on the PC 7424 and the Meguiars line of products for swirl removal ( What about poorboys)

I think I am going to practice my skills first on a 72 Buick LeSabre ( it is completely oxidized, the owner( my gf`s father doesn`t have time to properly maintain it so he`s letting me do it) and then continue with the Civic.

what do you guys think it`s the best Wash out there? that Meguiar`s NXT?

Do I have to clay everytime I wash the car?

Thanks

PerroneFord
04-24-2009, 04:02 PM
My basics for my daily driver:

Correct paint (wash, clay, compound, polish, sealant)
Wash every 2-4 weeks (as time allows)
Inside once a month
Sealant every 3 months
Engine every 6 months
Clay every 6 months
Polish every 12 months.

-P

tuscarora dave
04-24-2009, 04:18 PM
welcome, I have used both meguiar`s and poorboy`s world products, I preffer Poorboy`s because it is much easier to remove once it is applied. Also Steve(poorboy) is always around here at detail city and in the chat room so if I need to ask him any stuff about the best way to utilize his products. I only clay my daily driver before I use any kind of machine on it or if I get some sort of contaminant on it. I use Poorboy`s spray and wipe nearly daily on it though so that I have a rolling example of my work so it rarely gets dirty enough to need clayed. Meguiars does a good job though, I just know what works for me. I spent a boatload of money on products that I gave away before I found the Poorboys product line. Good luck,TD

atkinsonair
04-24-2009, 04:53 PM
x2 on the poorboys products, i was a over the counter wash and wax junkie. Until i was introduced to poorboys products. This was the best move i had made to date, and it shows. MY TRUCK HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER.......Good luck and happy waxing.

dmot1
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
ok so I have been doing some reading here and there, found a couple of excellent threads, have been reading product reviews and checking out prices.

The following is the list of products I have checked out, I was wondering if you could give me some input on the best combo of products for my car:

Car wash:
Meguiars NXT
Poorboy`s Super Slick & Suds

Polish:
Sonus SFX-1 SFX-2 SFX-3
Poorboys SSR1
Poorboys polish w/carnauba (blue)

Sealant/Wax
Poorboy Ex Sealant
Sonus Paint Sealant
Poorboys Natty`s Paste Wax

Additionals:
Lots of Microfiber towels
Porter Cable 7424
I am a little confused on the pads What kind of pads should I get

Thanks a lot

Poorboy
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
ok so I have been doing some reading here and there, found a couple of excellent threads, have been reading product reviews and checking out prices.

The following is the list of products I have checked out, I was wondering if you could give me some input on the best combo of products for my car:

Car wash:
Meguiars NXT
Poorboy`s Super Slick & Suds

Polish:
Sonus SFX-1 SFX-2 SFX-3
Poorboys SSR1
Poorboys polish w/carnauba (blue)

Sealant/Wax
Poorboy Ex Sealant
Sonus Paint Sealant
Poorboys Natty`s Paste Wax

Additionals:
Lots of Microfiber towels
Porter Cable 7424
I am a little confused on the pads What kind of pads should I get

Thanks a lot

Look at the kits on :

We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.autogeek.net) or Detail City - Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Care Products & Automotive Accessories (http://www.detailcity.com)

you`ll get a better deal :bigups