PDA

View Full Version : A Weight Lifted - Long Post Alert

OCDinPDX
04-14-2009, 09:48 PM
This may sound a bit lame but hear me out.

Back in high school, I had a big crush on this girl who did not feel the same way. I was home-schooled from 5th to 8th grade and had not had a good school year since the 2nd grade so my social skills were very rusty. Because of this, I did not read what she was trying to tell me and pushed her to the point where she wouldn`t even look at me. I abruptly left that school after 10th grade and never got to straighten out the record with her.

Come freshman year of college, I stumbled upon her MySpace profile and just for kicks, sent her a friend request. To my amazement, she approved it and for the past four years, I have done nothing with it.

Cut to two weeks ago, I`m 1,900 miles from home and that past. I was getting lunch with some friends at the JCCC cafeteria and saw this girl who looked EXACTLY like my high school crush. Same hair, nearly identical glasses, same figure, virtually identical. I nearly dropped my tray the resemblance was so uncanny. I know it wasn`t her but it reminded me of how I made such mistakes back `in the day` and it pushed me to set things right.

I spent my scarce free time in the past week or so writing her and perfecting a short note explaining what happened and why. I finally sent it to her early this morning in a fit of sleeplessness. I don`t know why but I just feel better. According to my message center, she read it but has not replied. That`s fine with me...I just feel that I`ve set the record straight and that a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. If she wants to reply, that`s fine. But having done this, I feel so much better. I can move forward again...:)

Sorry for the long-winded post.

Edit: I`m only 22 so it really hasn`t been that long since this whole thing went down.

flash gordon
04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
:cool: Good for you OCD. I would imagine you will be hearing from this young lady soon enough.She is probally in that weird state of mind we all get in when we haven`t heard from someone in a while.:cool: :dcrules

Garry Dean
04-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Congrats on your piece of closure!

tuscarora dave
04-15-2009, 05:01 AM
I went through something very simalar to what you discbire and the same results, no reply but as I see it my part was done. The rest is up to the spirit of what will be will be.
Good for you and chances are she did`nt think about it nearly as much as you did but what`s important here is that you have a clean conscience. now get some sleep:)

RTexasF
04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Well done. In the past I got in contact with all that I knowingly hurt or offended (lenghty list too!) and did the same. They might still have the desire to spit on me but I was sincere in my apologies so I felt, and still feel, better about myself.
Good for you.

9D4E420
04-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Now that your conscience is clean head out and get some chicks there`s plenty of them out there. Good luck!

Ronkh
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Hope it works better for you than it did for me.
Good luck on your quest.

OCDinPDX
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys.

It would help me a lot if she would just talk to me but beggars can`t be choosers. Why does :love: have to hurt so much sometimes? :(

flash gordon
04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Hope it works better for you than it did for me.
Good luck on your quest.

:cool:Amen brother...Amen. After 13 years sometimes I feel like :wall:wall:wall Or sometimes I feel like I`m :horse::horse::horse: :cool: :dcrules

Reddwarf
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
Charlie Brown

I applaud the fact that you said it didn`t matter if she responded because you got it off your chest.

jaybs02
04-18-2009, 08:23 AM
You did what you could in the way of an apology, you can`t control her accepting it or not.
You can sleep with a clear conscience.