PDA

View Full Version : Please Do Not Wash...

OCDinPDX
04-11-2009, 01:56 PM
I took my Santa Fe to Shawnee-Mission Hyundai in Merriam, Kansas for an oil change just about an hour ago. I printed out a sign that read, "PLEASE!!! DO NOT WASH!! Thank You..." and put it on the dash. I also told the service advisor to make sure they didn`t touch it as I cleaned her up yesterday.

Having worked at dealerships, I know calls sometimes fall through the cracks, even with the best of intentions. When I worked for an Audi dealer, we had one supremely pissed off customer when he put two signs in the car, told the service writer who told the tech and it still somehow made it into the wash (aka Swirl-o-tron).

I had to refrain from asking him to make sure but my heart did not stop pounding until they pulled it back into the drive just as I`d left her. They probably would have used THE BRUSH!!! :yikes:

Whew...bullet dodged.

Ronkh
04-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Didn`t work for me. Glad it did for you.

flash gordon
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
:cool: Do as I do. When I take clients car to Dealer I write on index card"DO NOT WASH CAR" and then scotch tape all 4 sides to center of steering wheel. I`m sure everyone @ Dealer gets a laugh out of it,but at least tha vehicle NEVER reaches tha -Swirlathon- :cool: :dcrules P.S. Always know exactly what work you agree on being done and general price. And if anything else is needed that they may find(and they will) They must call w/quote to get authorsation. Dealerships are especially going thru tuff times and are making up 4 loss sales in service dept.I feel 4 them, just not on my customers dime.Thats what I get paid 4.

bigron62
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
yea dealers like swirling up customers cars

OCDinPDX
04-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Well...let`s see if we can hold up our luck. I discovered a crack in my windshield today so she goes in Monday for that to be replaced. Hoping for luck striking twice. :redface:

Ronkh
04-11-2009, 07:15 PM
ck my thread, it`s a cover up
they installed lots of swirling for me.
free of charge of course.

flash gordon
04-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Well...let`s see if we can hold up our luck. I discovered a crack in my windshield today so she goes in Monday for that to be replaced. Hoping for luck striking twice. :redface:

:cool: I hope your not going to Dealer 4 w/shield replacement/repair.Try a mobile glass company.Not only will they beat Dealer price,they will come to your doorstep.:cool: :dcrules

RobertP
04-12-2009, 09:13 PM
I hate when they think that they have to hang the service folders from your side mirrors so the thing can swing back and forth and scratch the paint. :mad:

OCDinPDX
04-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I hate when they think that they have to hang the service folders from your side mirrors so the thing can swing back and forth and scratch the paint. :mad:

They don`t do that at my dealerships.

I just dropped her off for the windshield replacement tomorrow and put the sign back on the dashboard. But I know they will have to take the old glass out, I have to wonder if the paper will fly away. :mad:

OCDinPDX
04-13-2009, 04:44 PM
SWEET! I`m two for two, boys!! :D :dnaughty

Ronkh
04-13-2009, 07:24 PM
SWEET! I`m two for two, boys!! :D :dnaughty

:yay

flash gordon
04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
They don`t do that at my dealerships.

I just dropped her off for the windshield replacement tomorrow and put the sign back on the dashboard. But I know they will have to take the old glass out, I have to wonder if the paper will fly away. :mad:

:cool: Mommy & Daddy must still pay your way. Why would you take car to [I]Stealership[I]?:cool: