PDA

View Full Version : light scratches

2drtahoez71
03-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I realize all scratches cant be removed, especially with a PC, but I know im going to encounter them with customers eventually. What is the best product for removing/lessening/hiding scratches?

dalmore
03-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Really, Really Dark Sunglasses. Have your customer put the on just before you show them the car .... :D

Sorry just feeling silly this morning. I`m new to this but I`ve had success with good old hand applied rubbing compound. I think it`s a turtle wax version I have now. It cuts and so it hazes the area. You need to polish it a bit after the compound.

As for those scratches that need touch up ... I`m going to try one of those paint pens. http://www.autosharppen.com/ My training vehicle/wife`s car has some rock chips so perhaps soon ...

groebuck
03-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Poorboy`s line ssr3 ssr2 ss1 ;)

I guess it depends on the depth of the scratch. If it is sub clear then you need to go with a more aggresive compound (ssr3) and i would use a smaller backing plate and pad (4") to concentrate on the area and minimize the hazing your going to create (which you will get rid of with ssr2 then ssr1) -

groebuck
03-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Oh and product is half the equation / pad is the other half ;)