PDA

View Full Version : Uploading pictures problems again

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

grisby
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey, is anyone else having tbls uploading pics. via the attachement process. Everytime I do it I get "upload of file failed"

I tried resizing them to the point you could barely see them and I even tried different pics - same issues.

its basically the same tbl I had back in November/December (around that time frame) that was corrected.

I tried from 2 different pc`s and get the same error, don`t matter what pic I tried.

Anyway going out for supper now - I will check back later to see what I am doing wrong.
thanks

Beemerboy
03-31-2009, 03:11 PM
You have to upload them to photobucket then use the hyper link on this site...kind of a hassle but that`s the only way it works...photobucket is a free site to join

grisby
03-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok, will do. Thanks for the quick reply. Now I am going to dinner.

thanks

Ronkh
03-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok, will do. Thanks for the quick reply. Now I am going to dinner.

thanks

You going for the early bird senior citizen discount? If not it`s early (only 414) :rofl

Troy@Protekt
03-31-2009, 03:53 PM
It`s working fine for me.

Troy@Protekt
03-31-2009, 03:56 PM
What kind of files are they? jpg? gif?

Luster
03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
It`s working fine for me

Is that under "Manage Attachments"? I always link to Photobucket or ImageShack. But sometimes I`d rather just load the picture directly.

Ronkh
03-31-2009, 04:04 PM
The pics may have been too big. Prolly the most common problem.

Poorboy
03-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Is that under "Manage Attachments"? I always link to Photobucket or ImageShack. But sometimes I`d rather just load the picture directly.

yes it is... and until recently i had always just uploaded too.

The pics may have been too big. Prolly the most common problem.

no there is an issue with the server, never had a problem until the last two server changes ... now I use photobucket because there is no other way :wall

Troy@Protekt
03-31-2009, 05:22 PM
It`s not a server problem.

Attachments are what`s uploaded straight from files on your computer. No Photobucket or third party picture hosting necessary.

If you want pics within your posts that are not attachments they need to be hosted somewhere online.

You can upload them through our gallery and then grab them from there for your post. You can upload them into an album that you can access in your control panel and swipe the code from there for your post. Or you can use a third party picture hosting service such as photobucket.

I promise you there is nothing wrong with the site as far as picture uploading goes.

Beemerboy
03-31-2009, 06:09 PM
It`s not a server problem.

Attachments are what`s uploaded straight from files on your computer. No Photobucket or third party picture hosting necessary.

If you want pics within your posts that are not attachments they need to be hosted somewhere online.

You can upload them through our gallery and then grab them from there for your post. You can upload them into an album that you can access in your control panel and swipe the code from there for your post. Or you can use a third party picture hosting service such as photobucket.

I promise you there is nothing wrong with the site as far as picture uploading goes.

I can`t upload from my PC Troy...no matter what size I make them...I`ve not used the gallery, I just find it easier to use photobucket.

Troy@Protekt
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
I can`t upload from my PC Troy...no matter what size I make them...I`ve not used the gallery, I just find it easier to use photobucket.

Do you try to upload using the attachment feature? It`s the little paper clip icon in your post editor. That`s the only way you can upload a picture directly into a post from your computer.

Beemerboy
03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Do you try to upload using the attachment feature? It`s the little paper clip icon in your post editor. That`s the only way you can upload a picture directly into a post from your computer.

No I wasn`t I was using the manage attachments function...maybe that`s why I am having issues

Beemerboy
03-31-2009, 06:48 PM

I just tried that and error message again

Poorboy
03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
I just tried that and error message again

same thing here and I still don`t get pm alerts by e-mail :notme: