PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose

2drtahoez71
03-04-2004, 09:00 PM
What product is comparable to Vanilla Moose, and where does it fall into the detailing process? Does anyone like this product?

Edit:
Found an old detail city thread that was cached at google and found that its basically a light polish/sealand and has had really great reviews elsewhere. Im definatly going to pick some up.

I was thinking something like:
AIO
Vanilla Moose
s100

Scott P
03-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Vanilla Moose is a pretty unique product. It has some very minor polishing properties. It also has plenty of oils as well. Lastly, it does contain some wax (petroleum-based) for protection. It works very well with a wide array of toppers like Carnauba Moose Wax, S100 and even sealants like Poorboy`s EX and EX-P. VM and EX make an absolutely wonderful combo.

2drtahoez71
03-04-2004, 10:06 PM
This may me way off....but could I substitute it for PB`s Pro Polish? (Im making a small order soon, but the list just keeps getting longer and longer...and im trying to keep it to a minimum)

edit:
actually, i take that back....wouldnt it be more closely related to AIO?

andriver
03-04-2004, 11:27 PM
I have used VM before. Very good product. Really like the ease of application and the shine. Top VM with Carnuba Moose or PB EX.

Scott P
03-05-2004, 08:12 AM
It really isn`t either one of those products. Pro Polish is just what it is named. It contains no fillers at all. AIO is an excellent chemical cleaner that leaves no oils behind. Vanilla Moose is still a glaze, so it does contain oils. Good combo:

SSR2 - VM - EX/EX-P - Carnauba Moose Wax (or Natty Wax when it is released)

SSR2 does the work in cleaning up swirls. Vanilla Moose removes any possible hazing (rare with SSR2) and adds a gret depth. EX serves as the sealant and protective layer. Carnauba Moose Wax is the topper which adds the wet look. S100, Natty Wax and even Souveran would work great too as a topper.

awd330
03-05-2004, 10:58 AM
2drtahoez71 - I am going to be experimenting with some different VM, EX, and carnauba topper combos over the next few days. If you`d like, I`ll try the AIO/VM/S100 combo on a panel and let you know how it looks.

I think VM more closely resembles Poorboy`s Polish with Carnauba rather than either Pro Polish or Klasse AIO. VM and PwC are both extremely easy to apply and remove. VM seems to provide more wetness and depth, while PwC cleans better and leaves a warm and satiny finish.

2drtahoez71
03-05-2004, 12:48 PM
alright thanks guys, i think ive got Vm all figured out, i spent a lot of hours researching it last night.

and awd330....sure, if you want to go ahead and try that combo and tell me how you like it. Thanks.

Patrick
03-05-2004, 11:38 PM
You may experience bonding issues using VM, topped with EX...VM will leave a slightly oily surface, not a dust magnet or anything, but EX should have a cleaner surface.....MW works well with it becasue their both petroleum based.....Going to a polymer is a new beast altogether...

ernman
03-06-2004, 01:36 PM
You won`t have any bonding issues w/ ex over vm. Before the snow came I did VM HG, EX, VM Car. on my wifes car and it came out great. I am sure the new EX-p will work just as well.