PDA

View Full Version : water recovery and purifying

southerndetail
03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
What are the chances of being able to recover and purify the same water everyday on my mobile rig? I`ve been thinking of using the mat type of recovery system and if I can get the large sediment out of the water I think I can run it through a filtration system. Does anybody know about either of these things?

flash gordon
03-26-2009, 10:26 AM
:cool: I wouldn`t think it would be worth time, trouble, or expense. Have you heard anything else about BIZ sale?:cool::dcrules just a thought thats all

Squirtgun
03-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Grey water wouldn`t be suitable for washing cars.Even when filtered it will still contain contaminants that could cause micro marring.
The other side of hauling grey water is it`s considered hazardous waste.Without a waste hauler permit you can be fined and in the unlikely event you have a wreck with a spill you will be on the hook to pay for hazmay clean up in addition to the fines.
Keep in mind the guidelines for detail are similar to trucl/fleet washing.Ultimately the property owner owns the waste water.You can not let it go down a storm drain,but you can filter it and send it to the grass or landscaping.

Troy@Protekt
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Grey water wouldn`t be suitable for washing cars.Even when filtered it will still contain contaminants that could cause micro marring.
The other side of hauling grey water is it`s considered hazardous waste.Without a waste hauler permit you can be fined and in the unlikely event you have a wreck with a spill you will be on the hook to pay for hazmay clean up in addition to the fines.
Keep in mind the guidelines for detail are similar to trucl/fleet washing.Ultimately the property owner owns the waste water.You can not let it go down a storm drain,but you can filter it and send it to the grass or landscaping.

Good info. I hope I never have to get into using a wash mat. I would probably retire from mobile detailing first.

Squirtgun
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Good info. I hope I never have to get into using a wash mat. I would probably retire from mobile detailing first.

Unfortunately enforcement is coming.There are some simple solutions that can be affordably put in place that detailers can use to be covered under the CWA.
Oil socks,sand berms,drain covers and a good sump pump with a filter for the heavy solids can keep wash water out of a storm drain.
I`m far from an exert on this infomation,but know from our pressure washing and fleet washing experience that $4k worth of reclaim equipment isn`t required to make a company compliant.

dr_detail
03-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately enforcement is coming.There are some simple solutions that can be affordably put in place that detailers can use to be covered under the CWA.
Oil socks,sand berms,drain covers and a good sump pump with a filter for the heavy solids can keep wash water out of a storm drain.
I`m far from an exert on this infomation,but know from our pressure washing and fleet washing experience that $4k worth of reclaim equipment isn`t required to make a company compliant.yep, two inflateable kiddie pools and a shop vac will put you in the green. But back to the subject though... there are units out there designed for temporary or semi-permanent locataions capable of recycling wash & rinse waters clean enough to be re-used as wash water; however, these units are not economicly feasable for small scale mobile detailing. Of course if one was washing a high volume of vehicles (250+) at each stop, and burning through gallons (2000+) of water each day, I guess one of these units would make sense.