PDA

View Full Version : 93 saab paint question

njcarting1
03-25-2009, 07:45 AM
I have a 93 saab with a paint problem.The paint on the trunk lid is hazy and seems to need a buff and then polish.What would you try with the pc? 2.5 then 2.0 with exp??

The car is in good shape has had a good life being in a garage and not left outside.This is the only problem area.I used some hand applications last summer that seemed to brighten,and clear up the problem.The pb products and the pc was not an option at the time.I have received the products pb line and pc.mf,tire dressings,clay bars and everything I need to keep up my vehicles.

Yes the first order or two sets you back 3-4-5$$ hundred but that`s OK because if you like keeping your rides 100% shinny and clean this is money well spent.I will do an outside friends car if asked but its mostly family,and my personal vehicles I work on.

again,thanks guys for all the help and keep up the good work...:dcrules

Poorboy
03-25-2009, 07:50 AM
are there scratches and swirls or just haze?

If it is just haze, then Pro Polish or Polish w/ Sealant would be my choice with a polishing pad ..pc speed about 5+ ..work it until the shine pops through ;)

njcarting1
03-25-2009, 08:00 AM
I have not ordered the pro polish yet ,go figure day late and a dollar short haha.I ordered the world product line and I do have some blk hole"the car color is med blue".I guess I should order the pp.I have exp,and also should I try a clay bar first?? This is my brothers weekend car and its a just killing time job.Just experimenting with products and the pc day.:dnaughty

Poorboy
03-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I have not ordered the pro polish yet ,go figure day late and a dollar short haha.I ordered the world product line and I do have some blk hole"the car color is med blue".I guess I should order the pp.I have exp,and also should I try a clay bar first?? This is my brothers weekend car and its a just killing time job.Just experimenting with products and the pc day.:dnaughty

what polishes do you have? do you have SSR1? or SSR2? they could substitute on a finishing pad ;)

njcarting1
03-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I have 2.5 2.1.2.0 bh.exp.

Poorboy
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
I have 2.5 2.1.2.0 bh.exp.

whoa :confused: 2.5 2.0 & :confused: use the 2 with a finishing pad if you don`t have 1

JaredPointer
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
For some reason, I want to say I worked on a early 90`s SAAB (my friend called it a "sob" because it continually made her cry) and it was single stage. It was red. Sounds like it might be oxidized, in which case I would hit it with Pro Polish.