PDA

View Full Version : I Still Can`t Do It...

OCDinPDX
03-21-2009, 01:52 PM
So I`m in Overland Park, Kansas (suburb of Kansas City) for school for the next six weeks. I drove out here from Portland with my Santa Fe and even took the time to pack a MF wash pad, my waffle weave drying towel, a wheel mitt, some soap and other items.

Naturally the front of the car is covered in bugs from the 1,900 mile drive. I got into OP last night and started Googling for car washes this morning. For about 20 minutes I seriously considered taking it to an automatic tunnel wash but after thinking about all the damage that could be done, I chose not to. I have only gone through a tunnel once before and that`s because I was incapacitated due to surgery and couldn`t lift a bucket. That and the wash was free.

I`m going to go to a do-it-yourself place with all my wash stuff later today and clean her myself.

tmacsad
03-21-2009, 02:20 PM
So I`m in Overland Park, Kansas (suburb of Kansas City) for school for the next six weeks. I drove out here from Portland with my Santa Fe and even took the time to pack a MF wash pad, my waffle weave drying towel, a wheel mitt, some soap and other items.

Naturally the front of the car is covered in bugs from the 1,900 mile drive. I got into OP last night and started Googling for car washes this morning. For about 20 minutes I seriously considered taking it to an automatic tunnel wash but after thinking about all the damage that could be done, I chose not to. I have only gone through a tunnel once before and that`s because I was incapacitated due to surgery and couldn`t lift a bucket. That and the wash was free.

I`m going to go to a do-it-yourself place with all my wash stuff later today and clean her myself.

For a moment you had me scared :yikes: :wow: :eek: :huh: :passout:

audiboy
03-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I`ve done that at a few places when I`m not near home. You`ll get a few wierd looks, but you`re vehicle will look great afterwards.

On a side note, you might want to stop in at a place called Yia Yia`s while you`re there. It`s a great place to eat with pretty reasonable prices.

RANDAL
03-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Dont we have a member from Lee`s Summit, MO. Its just a winding road from Overland Park if I remember correctly. Its been 6 years any way.

OCDinPDX
03-21-2009, 05:17 PM
I washed her about an hour ago at a do-it-yourself stall. I also talked to a really nice couple who brought their Corvette in to get the bugs off.

She looks much better now and I can actually see out of the windshield. The car has been garaged since new and I really don`t like having her parked outside. Hence, I`ve parked her in this small 2-car space that goes ignored by most and is visible from my room.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a385/lovemysantafe/IMG_5069.jpg

Troy@Protekt
03-21-2009, 05:24 PM
You`re a smart man. I made the mistake of neglecting my duties on Sheila`s minivan and allowed her to take it to the local tunnel wash last year. Big mistake.:(

One trip completely ruined her wheels and severely dulled out her side mirrors. Most tunnel washes aren`t that bad but this one was horrible! A major chain too!

It just goes to show that scratching the paint isn`t the only thing you have to worry about when you let car washes get a hold of your car.:yikes:

flash gordon
03-21-2009, 05:30 PM

:cool::dcrules I am so glad you came to your senses. For a minute I thought I was going to have to drive up to KANSAS to do an intervention on you.She sure is a sweet lookin ride I luv silver cars.:cool::dcrules

OCDinPDX
03-21-2009, 06:57 PM
One trip completely ruined her wheels and severely dulled out her side mirrors. Most tunnel washes aren`t that bad but this one was horrible! A major chain too!

It just goes to show that scratching the paint isn`t the only thing you have to worry about when you let car washes get a hold of your car.:yikes:

Yeah...especially because my year Santa Fe has problems with clearcoat peeling off plastic surfaces.

She sure is a sweet lookin ride I luv silver cars.:cool::dcrules

Thanks, man. She`s my baby. :love:

OCDinPDX
03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Bird POO!!!

Two of them aimed and struck my hood. I just went out with a small amount of car wash soap and water, wet the area and wiped them off gently. I hate having this car parked outside. It makes keeping them clean exponentially harder. :passout:

That and I finally beat the jerk in the Impala who stole my space last night by occupying the entire thing. :wall So I got a school buddy to park his Galant next to me. The Impala leaves here before I do and I make it back before he does. So long as we can keep this up I`ll be fine.