PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up canopy bargain

heatgain
03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
So I went to Home Depot with the wife for a piece to fix the water hose that I had just ruined, and, at the end of the hose aisle, sitting all by itself, was a slightly torn-up box of a QuickShade canopy, 12 x 12, marked at $44.00!
I have 2 of the same make 10x 10`s, and they`re great, but just a little too small, so I usually erect both of the 10x10`s and tie them together, but the middle legs of the 2 10x10`s end up by the car door opening and that`s a scratch waiting to happen.
I bought the 2 10x10`s at Harbor freight on sale for $79.00 each and that was a great bargain.
I grabbed the 12x12 for $44.00, took it home, put it up, and nothing`s wrong with it at all. Apparently, it was an item they had for over 2 years on the shelf and just wanted to get rid of it, hence the $44.00 price.
Wish I could tell you all it`s a sale price nationwide, but I just happened to luck out.
Ive been walking around here all day smiling!
Thanks for reading, I don`t know anyone else I could tell that would appreciate what a bargain that was.

Old Pirate
03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I`m in search for one now, always looking for a bargain, Thanks Heat:bigups

Page
03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Nice :bigups find Heatgain wish i could get that lucky.

heatgain
03-01-2009, 08:44 PM
It was totally all luck. I happened to be in that aisle at the right time.
$44.00. I`m still smiling! :)

CharlesW
03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
C`mon Gary, tell us the truth.
I bet tha clone tipped you off about it.

Old Pirate
03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
The clone strike`s again.....:notme:

Jeremy
03-01-2009, 11:15 PM
I need one badly

heatgain
03-02-2009, 12:02 AM
I can`t wait to try it out. The 2 !0x`s were OK, `cept for the legs by the car doors.
I believe this is the best bargain I`ve stumbled upon since I`ve been shopping with an eye as to how would every item I see be useful for detailing.

clone
03-02-2009, 08:42 AM

:cool::dcrules may:cool::dcrulesbe GOD was looking out 4 u.

Old Pirate
03-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Well Gary, if you not going to put it to lots of use, then I got loads of uses for it..:D

heatgain
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Gonna definitely use this baby. Dunno `bout the 10x10`s tho. We`ll see.
If there`s one thing I`ve learned by living this long, it`s that one never.....Dang....forgot what I was going to say.

CharlesW
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
So..... Is the 12 x 12 enough bigger that you plan to use just one canopy?
Do you move the canopy or the car when you need to shade a different area?
Is the wind ever a problem or concern that it might blow the canopy legs into the vehicle?
Do you anchor the canopy/canopies in some way?

heatgain
03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
The plan is to use one canopy, the 10x10 always seemed a foot or two short. Except for the limo I did, when the 2 10x10`s seemed like a tiny umbrella in a drink.
I haven`t tried the new 12x yet, too cold and windy today.
When I only had 1 10x10, I`d move the car, not the canopy, to get another part of the car into the shade under the canopy. However, the part of the car that had been in the sun was still very hot to the touch because of the sun. I had to wait a little until that section of the vehicle cooled down a bit. What I tried to do was follow the path of the sun throughout the day as much as I could while detailing.
The wind is always a concern with a canopy. My first one, a non-pop-up one, was destroyed when I lazily left it erected overnight. Apparently the wind had come along sometime in the early morning hours and launched the whole thing about 10-15 feet east. The frame was bent at a few points. Luckily, there was no car under it and it blew away from my parked car when it decided to launch. It was then I decided to get a pop-up model canopy.
So far I`ve anchored my canopies with string wrapped around the base of the legs to stakes in the ground. I`ve seen sandbags used, 5 gallon buckets full of water, sand or cement on each leg, and weight plates.
The stakes have worked for me so far because I have lawn or dirt on either side of the canopy at my house. If I ever go mobile, I`ll have to use one of the other options to anchor the canopy.