PDA

View Full Version : Has free agency effected you?

9D4E420
02-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to vent a little. As most of you know I am a diehard Eagles fan. I was listening to 610 WIP on the way home from work last nite. I learned that Brian Dawkins and Corell Buckhalter were being signed by the Broncos. Ok fine. :mad:No, not fine the Eagles are the worst managed team in sports. I understand that Dawk was up for free agency but the Eagles should have signed him a long time ago. Yes he`s old 35 I believe. He still has extreme intensity when he plays and is in great shape. He is the leader of the team and possibly the best Eagle besides Reggie White to ever wear green. I`m sure that there was some behind the scenes stuff going on to make this outcome but come on now. Don`t be cheap pay the guy if that was the case. I`m hanging up my jerseys tonight and burning them!:rockon Oh and they raised ticket prices. It doesn`t matter to me because I will not be in attendance anymore.:lmfao Well thank you Eagles management.:thanks I wish B. Dawk and Buckhalter the best in Denver. On the other side I hope the Eagles go 2-14 next year.

Has anyone else found disappointment in their NFL team due to free agency and poor front office management?:)

tmacsad
02-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Just wanted to vent a little. As most of you know I am a diehard Eagles fan. I was listening to 610 WIP on the way home from work last nite. I learned that Brian Dawkins and Corell Buckhalter were being signed by the Broncos. Ok fine. :mad:No, not fine the Eagles are the worst managed team in sports. I understand that Dawk was up for free agency but the Eagles should have signed him a long time ago. Yes he`s old 35 I believe. He still has extreme intensity when he plays and is in great shape. He is the leader of the team and possibly the best Eagle besides Reggie White to ever wear green. I`m sure that there was some behind the scenes stuff going on to make this outcome but come on now. Don`t be cheap pay the guy if that was the case. I`m hanging up my jerseys tonight and burning them!:rockon Oh and they raised ticket prices. It doesn`t matter to me because I will not be in attendance anymore.:lmfao Well thank you Eagles management.:thanks I wish B. Dawk and Buckhalter the best in Denver. On the other side I hope the Eagles go 2-14 next year.

Has anyone else found disappointment in their NFL team due to free agency and poor front office management?:)

Not real big on Football like I use to be. But when I was I was a DIE HARD (Bruce Willis type) BILLS FAN......:wow: Need I say more 0 in 4 back to back to back to back Super BOWLS :wall

I`m pretty sure they are not spending big money on big name guy`s. They like to sign guy`s that no one ever even head of :hmmm:

Mr. Clean
02-28-2009, 02:34 PM
tmac, a Bills fan in T-Town??? Are you lost or a transplant? ;)

Buffalo`s day in the sun was their comeback over the Houston Oilers. Man that really chapped me. Should have been an all Texas SB. But I guess in the end it didn`t work out too bad for me. :D

But to answer the question, yes free agency has really upset me as a fan. I grew up in an era when your hometown heros were longtime (often career) team members. Free agency has created a seemingly more transient NFL, kind of like real life society seems.

If I were a player or player`s agent, I`m sure I would be happy.

Poorboy
02-28-2009, 02:55 PM
I don`t know:hmmm: yes it has taken away from hometown legends to some degree, but if a player is really good the team will do everything and has the ability to outbid other teams when there is a salary cap. EXamples just here in NY Michael Strahan, Derek Jerter, Bernie Williams played a long time too. There are many others over the years. Sometimes players don`t want to hang it up ...ummm can you say Favre :notme: and move on without looking like their former selves. Then we have the really good upside for some people. It`s the chance to have a little scene superstar from another team and conference come and play on your team. Without free agency, the Rangers would never have had Gretsky, Messier, or Jagr, Wade Boggs would have never been a Yankee, Roger Clemen`s , ok we won`t go there, but he did win a few titles here, and many teams are the same. It must have been cool to be in KC for the year Joe Montana played there too. It has it`s ups and downs, but for the most part as in many areas of life, you get what you pay for and some just don`t want to pay :inspector::bigups :passout:

tmacsad
02-28-2009, 07:02 PM
tmac, a Bills fan in T-Town??? Are you lost or a transplant? ;)

Buffalo`s day in the sun was their comeback over the Houston Oilers. Man that really chapped me. Should have been an all Texas SB. But I guess in the end it didn`t work out too bad for me. :D

But to answer the question, yes free agency has really upset me as a fan. I grew up in an era when your hometown heros were longtime (often career) team members. Free agency has created a seemingly more transient NFL, kind of like real life society seems.

If I were a player or player`s agent, I`m sure I would be happy.

Yep, back in the day THA T-Mac was a BILLS FAN :D That was an outstanding comeback as well! :bigups