PDA

View Full Version : New Product

outlander
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
:help::help:Hi Guys. I noticed a new product on Ag forum. Has anyone ever used Ultima Elastofoam Paint Cleaner System. Can it be better than the ole claybar? I want to order a bottle within the next few weeks. Is the square block that comes with it made of styrofoam or what?

Tex Star Detail
02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I have tried it. Before it even came to market, I had the chance to test it. I can personally say that I do not like it.
I will tell you first what I did like about it.... When you drop it, you can just rinse it off rather than tossing it in the can. It also did a decent job at removing the contaminates.

Now to why I did not like it..... It felt as if it were scratching the paint when "claying". You have to wash it off several times during each panel to make sure you remove the contaminates from the block. If you do not, the contaminates will have no where to go, but to rub back and forth on the paint. Thus leaving fine scratches.

This is just my opinion though, so please, do not let it sway you away from a purchase. Your best bet is to try it and let your own experience decide for you.

Troy@Protekt
02-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Well my experience with it was a little different than TexasTB`s.

I found it to work very well and didn`t scratch for me at all. Having said that I have gone back to mainly using clay. The reason I did was because I had a problem with the rubber surface melting.

I doubt this would be a problem for most people but mine gets exposed to the sun a lot and even on a moderately warm surface it can leave melted streaks on the car.

If I were always working on a cool surface I would probably choose it over clay in a lot of cases.