PDA

View Full Version : a first for me

sjr
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi guys! How is everyone doing?! Yesterday I got a service call for a degreasing for this guy I know who owns a small road construction company.He`s a real nice guy but extremely anal about his equipment. When I got there he wanted a John Deere tractor fully degreased engine and under carriage. He wanted to be able to eat off the engine (his words) then he asked for a full detail on it! :eek: :huh: This wasnt a normal farmer ted tractor either this thing was a good 30 feet long and taller than a semi with a condo sleeper tall and all 4 tires were over 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide. Needless to say I was a bit hesitant about taking on the task but I agreed to do it nonetheless. :rockon :bigups Anyone ever done a tractor before? :confused:

JaredPointer
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
No, but I would imagine you could just let him know your hourly rate and go from there once you have an estimate on time.

Beemerboy
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
No, but I would imagine you could just let him know your hourly rate and go from there once you have an estimate on time.

This would be what I would suggest...make sure to put the price up there...its a lot of work and product..also his expectations of the out come in this instant is WAY important...Large equipment like this takes a beating..some stuff will not come off....don`t set yourself up for failure..

Lastly are you setup to tackle a job this big..I know I`m not even close, and would pass:D

Page
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Sounds like a five day job to me at least. And equipment like that i thank i would go and rent a steam washer. I thank it would be a wast of time to just use a cold water pressure washer. Good luck with your venture :bigups

Poorboy
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Believe it or not there is a large group of people out there that show Tractors ..they polish, wax and detail them like we do cars ... if you think that`s big ... ask Pockets about the fire engines he details :eek:

jaybs02
02-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I know the fire department guys are real big on keeping their rigs looking good. I think that they even hold local competitions for bragging rights. Can`t see why farmers wouldn`t do the same thing.

Good luck on the project, don`t forget the pics on that one.

Ronkh
02-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I know the fire department guys are real big on keeping their rigs looking good. I think that they even hold local competitions for bragging rights. Can`t see why farmers wouldn`t do the same thing.

Good luck on the project, don`t forget the pics on that one.

That`s why I call em out for lift assists when it`s
A. Snowing
b. Melting snow and slush
c. sand and saly on ground
d. raining

They love me for it.

Beemerboy
02-19-2009, 11:41 PM
That`s why I call em out for lift assists when it`s
A. Snowing
b. Melting snow and slush
c. sand and saly on ground
d. raining

They love me for it.

You should call the neighbors...after all they loveeeee U

Page
02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
You should call the neighbors...after all they loveeeee U

That`s a on brainer :wall He LOVES his neighbors :love:

atkinsonair
02-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Did you do them yet? I saw John deere has there own wax and rubberdressing.

sjr
02-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi guys! How`s everyone?! I took the job and did it! No-one was home by the time I got done. The next morning I took him the bill and his wife answered the door and I gave her the bill. She looked at it and called him she came out and said hes not here but hes on his way and wants to see it before he pays you. I said thats fine. When he got there the first thing he said was, can I eat off the m#therf&^%r now?! I said you can try?! he walked around the tractor a couple of times then climbed under it and ran his fingers all over the engine and under carriage then stuck his hand in a spot right above the the transfer case and the cab a spot with maybe a couple of inches clearance he came out with a tiny smudge of oil and said ,look?! :huh: I can`t eat off this! I said YOU KNOW WHAT?! f%K YOU STEVE! CALL SOMEONE ELSE THEN NEXT TIME! :wall He started laughing hard and said i`m kidding looks awsome can you do my dump truck to? Tractor and trailer Plus my other truck and lowboy trailer 3 times a week? LOL! :rofl :rockon :bigups