PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS! Stop Buying Wax!

Pages : [1] 2

Tex Star Detail
02-19-2009, 12:17 PM
A price shopper called me and informed me that his car is clear coated and never needs waxed. SO.... save your money and stop buying waxes!!!! :lol2::lol2:

GearHead_1
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Tell him that`s great and if he wants his clear coat to be there 5 years down the road, spend some money and buy wax!

Beemerboy
02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Your dammed if ya do and dammed if ya don`t

I think that clear coat has given some people a false sense of what protection is on a car...if it looks shiny then its OK...a coat of wax once a year is just adding to the shiny but not the protection of the clear.

Its very evident in some of the cars that I detail

AutopiaAdmin
02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Don`t you love when they call and to you that their car has a clear coat, when 99.9% of all cars produced in the last 15 years have a clear coat.

I bet he heard that from his car salesman. Sometimes selling a car that never needs to be waxed seals the deal. :wall

Autogeek
02-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, I got this new stuff called deodorant. It means I don`t have to shower anymore.

Beemerboy
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey guys, I got this new stuff called deodorant. It means I don`t have to shower anymore.

Sounds just fine with me...you can also stay on your side of the coast:rofl

Stephan
02-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Wait my car has clear coat? I need to keep waxing. time to run out and polish off all that clear, rotary in one spot ought to do it...

Beemerboy
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Wait my car has clear coat? I need to keep waxing. time to run out and polish off all that clear, rotary in one spot ought to do it...

When using that rotary...make sure to use the Maxi pad...Those work the best:rofl

best part is that they come in a large box and are real cheap..compared to those expensive, waste of your money foam ones:D

Stephan
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
When using that rotary...make sure to use the Maxi pad...Those work the best:rofl

best part is that they come in a large box and are real cheap..compared to those expensive, waste of your money foam ones:D

But those absorb to much causing the pad to clog...although I do want to buy that pad cleaner setup...will those fit in there?:D

Poorboy
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
A price shopper called me and informed me that his car is clear coated and never needs waxed. SO.... save your money and stop buying waxes!!!! :lol2::lol2:

We better have a clearance sale fast before anyone finds out :eek:

Beemerboy
02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
But those absorb to much causing the pad to clog...although I do want to buy that pad cleaner setup...will those fit in there?:D

Absolutely!

Get the ones with wings!:D

Stephan
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Absolutely!

Get the ones with wings!:D

Wings...does that work like Red Bull?

Luster
02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I actually had a customer tell me last year that:

"Clear-coated cars don`t need anything except washing... just look at mine, obviously the clearcoat is doing it`s job!"

The car was about 10 years old and never waxed, polished, or sealed.....

(I guess the swirlmarks provide protection too!)

Mercy, mercy.:wall:(

Tex Star Detail
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I explained to him, what a wax does, what a polish does, and so-on. Needless to say, thank goodness, I did not get the job because my prices were too high. I knew I raised my prices for a reason...lol.

He had to the nerve to say he wanted the best job for the least money.

CARTfan
02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I remember when I bought my first new vehicle (a 94 Ford Ranger) the salesman made it a point to tell me that because it had a clear coat, I didn`t have to use soap when washing it. Umm, thanks for the heads up:hmmm: