PDA

View Full Version : Is first class worth it?

Pages : [1] 2

Poorboy
02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo219/poorboysworld/plane.jpg

heatgain
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
You mean on an airplane?
I always upgrade to business class when at the airport when I fly Airtran. It`s $45.00 (when you do it at the airport) and well worth it. No crying babies, no rubbing shoulders and thighs with a row-mate, plenty of room in a wide seat.
If you don`t mean on an airplane.......then ignore the above. :)

Poorboy
02-05-2009, 10:33 AM
You mean on an airplane?
I always upgrade to business class when at the airport when I fly Airtran. It`s $45.00 (when you do it at the airport) and well worth it. No crying babies, no rubbing shoulders and thighs with a row-mate, plenty of room in a wide seat.
If you don`t mean on an airplane.......then ignore the above. :)

what about on a ship? Didn`t some of the people taking First Class on the Titanic go on the life boats with the women and children :notme:

M0nk3y
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
what about on a ship? Didn`t some of the people taking First Class on the Titanic go on the life boats with the women and children :notme:

There really is no "first class" on a ship......

I guess you can go by the deck levels?

Poorboy
02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
There really is no "first class" on a ship......

I guess you can go by the deck levels?

yes that is what I meant .... upper deck suites vs inner lower deck cabin ;) or closer to the life boats :D

Old Pirate
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Heck yes, look they get their own raft.......

JohnHenry
02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Man! That is one scary looking picture.

Garry Dean
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah, scary because its so close to land, lol.

vwgtivw
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
I don`t think that is a raft, I think it is the emergency slide.

Poorboy
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I don`t think that is a raft, I think it is the emergency slide.

either way it looks better than those on the wing knee deep in ice cold water :huh:

jaybs02
02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Face it Steve ... It`s good to be the king :D

heatgain
02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
I read your post while at work, where most pics don`t show up. The pic in your post, I didn`t see. Now I see the pic and understand your question.
My answer stands. :)

M0nk3y
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
yes that is what I meant .... upper deck suites vs inner lower deck cabin ;) or closer to the life boats :D

Well, my family and I always go on crusies via Royal Carribean...

The number of lifeboats they have actually exceeds the number of people on the ship. They also have inflatable rafts for reserves, if you want to look at it that way....

Everytime you set sail, you need to conduct a tender drill. It`s federal law. Each deck and room sections have a specific spot to report to incase of an emergency. So therefore, there is enough lifeboats for everyone

:bigups

tmacsad
02-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, my family and I always go on crusies via Royal Carribean...

The number of lifeboats they have actually exceeds the number of people on the ship. They also have inflatable rafts for reserves, if you want to look at it that way....

Everytime you set sail, you need to conduct a tender drill. It`s federal law. Each deck and room sections have a specific spot to report to incase of an emergency. So therefore, there is enough lifeboats for everyone

:bigups

Thanks for the info :bigups. My wife and I are going to celebrate our 10th ANNIVERSARY in December :excited:. We are going on a cruise on the Royal Caribbean :rockon

Its good to know that there are more life boats then there are people :yay. Just a little something to ease our minds :hmmm:

M0nk3y
02-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the info :bigups. My wife and I are going to celebrate our 10th ANNIVERSARY in December :excited:. We are going on a cruise on the Royal Caribbean :rockon

Its good to know that there are more life boats then there are people :yay. Just a little something to ease our minds :hmmm:

Mind I ask what ship you are going on? :notme: