PDA

View Full Version : Advice from a pro

Pages : [1] 2 3

black bart
02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
I copied this from another forum I thought some here would like to read this. :rofl

Just used NuFinish on both my vehicles yesterday. The first time I`ve ever waxed or polished(?) any vehicle. The truck it really helped but the Escape really needs a clay bar. It did shine it up but unfortunately the more it shines the more you see the swirls and scratches. The wife used a scrub brush a few times that the truck has never seen. Might try their scratch product in the spring. The only problem I had was how long to keep it on there.. never really dried to a haze so I left it on for about 30 minutes. Took less than 1/4 for both seems like a good deal to me.

Troy@Protekt
02-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Was this person serious or trying to be funny? The mention of Nu Finish and the scrub brush.....

Sounds like a joke to me either way. :gotcha:

blucpe
02-05-2009, 07:54 AM
what forum was this taken from, the how not to take care of your car forum?lol:rofl

Scott P
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM
I saw that on those forums as well a few days ago when it was posted. Keep in mind that I`m sure that many members over there would scoff at comments made here about their specialty.

They guy isn`t declaring himself to be a pro detailer. He is just reporting on his experiences as a first time user. There is a group of people out there who have never waxed a car before. Heck, just look around your neighborhood. He took the initiative to get a product that has been around forever, NuFinish, and wax his car. As with any OTC cleaner wax, it won`t remove swirls or scratches, just give a good shine. That is what happened in this case. He wasn`t expecting it to remove the swirls.

Not everyone feels the need to go through a multi-step process every few months to maintain a perfect finish. Some are perfectly happy taking an hour out of their day to at least put a coat of protection on their vehicle. Just because they aren`t as obsessed as we are about their paint, they aren`t bad people who deserve to be mocked.

Poorboy
02-05-2009, 08:34 AM
so where`s BigRon :confused: He`ll straighten him out how to use it right :rofl:lmfao:lol2:

Beemerboy
02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
On the BMW forum I posted at...some of the posters there are using NuFinish...I guess when you pay big bucks for a BMW you have to save someplace

Bunky
02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
I think you will find many satisfied Nu Finish users in this country and recommend it to their friends. I think it is the second most popular after Collinite over at BITOG.

Beemerboy
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
I think you will find many satisfied Nu Finish users in this country and recommend it to their friends. I think it is the second most popular after Collinite over at BITOG.

Marketing is what its called

Scott P
02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Marketing is what its called

I can`t say the last time I saw a NuFinish commercial on TV or an ad in a car magazine.

Mr. Clean
02-05-2009, 01:45 PM
...Not everyone feels the need to go through a multi-step process every few months to maintain a perfect finish. Some are perfectly happy taking an hour out of their day to at least put a coat of protection on their vehicle. Just because they aren`t as obsessed as we are about their paint, they aren`t bad people who deserve to be mocked.

Ain`t it the truth

I can`t say the last time I saw a NuFinish commercial on TV or an ad in a car magazine.

The only "marketing" by NuFinish I`m aware of is that it is right there on the shelves of most WM and Targets.

Besides the knocking a product because it is OTC and not boutique or "pro oriented" by a group that preaches "process over product" is well ... "lame" is the word I will use, but there are a lot more I can think of.

Beemerboy
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM

I saw one just the other day...they are not on main stream channels....But at one point they had quite a few ad`s running at least in my area...There claims are outrageous...but they have sales

Beemerboy
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Not everyone feels the need to go through a multi-step process every few months to maintain a perfect finish. Some are perfectly happy taking an hour out of their day to at least put a coat of protection on their vehicle. Just because they aren`t as obsessed as we are about their paint, they aren`t bad people who deserve to be mocked.

I agree with this in a lot of ways...but it`s the guy that claims that his one coat a year of NuFinish protects his car just as good as my car that I reapply protection almost every few weeks...its uneducated statements like that, that cause us to mock them.

I`m sure that he feels its good enough for him and probably is...but don`t think for one minute that it compares to the level that I am going threw on my end...that`s his mind set!

Scott P
02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
He never made those statements, so your argument doesn`t hold water in this case. The level you are going through on your end is completely different. It`s probably different than what I go through. Does that make you inferior to me or vice-versa? I never claimed that the subject of this thread was on the same level as anyone here. All I am saying is that he doesn`t deserve the mocking he is facing here.

Troy@Protekt
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Scott I think you`re being a little silly about this. You`re acting like this was you he was talking about.

First there were no names given. Second, we are gonna laugh at the idea of using scrub brushes on paint finishes and then hear them wonder why they have scratches that don`t just rub right out with their wonder product that makes junkyard cars look like new for a whole year just by hand rubbing it on.

If that makes us detail snobs then I guess that`s what we are.:redface:

GearHead_1
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
It did seem like this thread took a real left turn for something that seemed somewhat humorous.