PDA

View Full Version : BnB after rain

rtbrick
03-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Had some light rain last night and now my BnB treated tires and trim look terrible. I know BnB is water based, but now my tires and trim look like they have grayish streaks and spots. Is that normal? Some other products I have used (Stoners in particular) did not do this. Comments?

Boss_429
03-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Well, I may have to try some of that Stoner`s stuff, cause every water based product I try on tires runs like that. Usually, it has to be a pretty good rain, or after driving in the rain a while to make them looks that way though? Since I`ve started putting a water based product over a gel, it`s holding up/looking better.

JimS
03-02-2004, 05:20 PM
I was using Stoners, now am using BnB and I haven`t noticed any significant difference except that spraying on Stoners leaves me with wheels to wipe clean and wiping on the BnB leaves a more even surface. After rain I just figure I`ll have to reapply whatever I`m using. I have NOT had any grey streaking...ever.

Poorboy
03-02-2004, 07:15 PM
rt try some Trim Restorer instead ....it can resist water and doesn`t streak:dunno

Boss_429
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Yep, that`s next to try on my list........... Trim Restorer, and then B & B.

awd330
03-02-2004, 08:44 PM
rtbrick - Did you thoroughly clean your tires before applying Bold n Bright? Sometimes if you apply a water based dressing over an oily layer, the product will run off in uneven patterns.

I use BnB on my tires, but I haven`t really experienced the streaking that you described. My tire dressings all seem to wear off uniformly. I don`t use BnB on trim; I use Trim Restorer instead. After applying either product, make sure you wait about 10-15 minutes and then buff with a dry towel.

awd330
03-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Boss - I love your new signature line. :lmfao

rtbrick
03-03-2004, 06:59 AM
awd-I cleaned the tires thoroughly with Megs APC + 4:1.

I only sprayed it on the tires and did not wipe to even it out. Next time I will try wiping it on, but I don`t know if that will make a difference. I wiped it on my door handles and they streaked terrible. I have some trim restorer and will try that next (PB and I talked about it once before).

awd330
03-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by rtbrick
awd-I cleaned the tires thoroughly with Megs APC + 4:1.

I only sprayed it on the tires and did not wipe to even it out. Next time I will try wiping it on, but I don`t know if that will make a difference. I wiped it on my door handles and they streaked terrible. I have some trim restorer and will try that next (PB and I talked about it once before).
Okay. Well, the cleaning idea was worth a shot.

Let us know how the buffing off process and Trim Restorer applications work out for you. Good luck!

Beemerboy
03-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Steve,

I had this problem with a 3M spray on tire shine. It as not all water based and the tires turned gray after a rain.
The guy told me it was from a petroleum chemical in the shine.

Question is there any silicone or petroleum in your BnB, if so could that be the reason for the graying look?

Thanks

Boss_429
03-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by awd330
Boss - I love your new signature line. :lmfao

awd330,

Thanks! I had a certain "few" in mind when I came up with it! ;)