PDA

View Full Version : Site slow to load

black bart
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I have noticed this site is slower loading than what it normally did when we started.
Anyone else notice the slow down.

Page
01-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Ye i have also noticed to.

Troy@Protekt
01-04-2009, 11:04 PM
The site has been running perfect for me since the server switch. :hmmm:

I hate to do it but I made a bad choice switching to our current server so probably by the end of this week or early next week we will be switching servers again. I hope it will be a lot smoother than the last switch. :pray:

Tom N
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I havent noticed it running any slower.

black bart
01-04-2009, 11:17 PM
TROY if you decide to switch ask them what the new DNS number will be and post it before the switch.
Then if we have the same problem we can use the same fix as we did on this site.
Knowing the number ahead of time would save a lot of headaches.
The reason that I ask is this is the only site that I have noticed that has slowed all others are normal but DC has really slowed for me.

Beemerboy
01-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Running like a champ on this end

Troy@Protekt
01-04-2009, 11:31 PM
TROY if you decide to switch ask them what the new DNS number will be and post it before the switch.
Then if we have the same problem we can use the same fix as we did on this site.
Knowing the number ahead of time would save a lot of headaches.
The reason that I ask is this is the only site that I have noticed that has slowed all others are normal but DC has really slowed for me.

I appreciate you letting me know. Unfortunately people are still having trouble even accessing the site so something did not go right. I`m going with a vbulletin expert and it will be done right this time. We will make it a much smoother transition this time.

I will post the necessary info ahead of time so there are no surprises.

CharlesW
01-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Accessing the site was a real problem for me right after the server change.
Once I got that figured out, I have had no problems with either accessing the site or speed of loading.
Right now, it`s working great and I almost hate to see you make any changes. :)

jaybs02
01-05-2009, 06:32 AM
I haven`t noticed any slow down on it loading.

I am wondering if some of the slow down some people are experiencing might be due to the holidays. Lot of people online shopping and others off from school might be sucking up bandwidth from the provider.

Just a thought.

Troy I would hate to see go through another move, I know it can`t be cheap and sure that it is nerve racking. So we`ll keep our fingers crossed.

black bart
01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Friday Jan.9 4:40 PM site is loading very slow for me.

Poorboy
01-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Friday Jan.9 4:40 PM site is loading very slow for me.

me too for a while, now it seems ok :hmmm: