PDA

View Full Version : Help with SMR for my next order

2drtahoez71
03-02-2004, 12:05 AM
I have basically everything I want, but im lost as far as SMRs go...there are so many.

I have my eye on Megs DACP. Would DACP followed by PB SSR1 with a PC take care of most swirls I would encoutner on customers cars, or will I need something more aggressive...like Meguiars No. 82 Swirl Free Polish? Or what about the 3M Perfect It III series? (Keep in mind I dont have a rotary, so everything has to be PC friendly)

groebuck
03-02-2004, 10:32 AM
I have heard good things about DACP but have not used it...but The entire Poorboys SSR line is awesome a bottle each of 3 -2 and 1 should arm you for any job. (most of them can be accomplished with 2 and 1 - 3 for the harder ones).

EBPcivicsi
03-02-2004, 10:45 AM
DACP is more agressive than swirl free polish ( by 50%). Without seeing the swirls you are going to encounter it is hard to say. Since you want to use the least agressive product for each car to do the job, I think I would get a couple of swirl removers.

I persoanlly would have DACP, Speed glaze, and SFP. I would also have SSR1 and SSR2 for those times when I work in the sun.

FWIW, I use speed glaze most of the time. It takes care of most the swirls that I see.

ACE
03-02-2004, 09:29 PM
I would go for one with fillers and one without. Poorboys products are superb and probably the easiest to use. Humidity? You can practically use the products in the rain. I like the 3M SWR for dark colors when I have to do a bit of filling like on black or red. You don`t want to take off too much paint, so it`s wise to use something with filler when you need it.

Nickc0844
03-02-2004, 11:13 PM
I searched through the hundreds of photos I have for my DACP followed by SSR1, and don`t have any close up before and afters, but I can assure you, DACP has been a powerful tool to my arsenal!

P.S. I`ve only had DACP since December 1, 2003, so I`ve only done a few cars with it.....sorry

JimS
03-03-2004, 09:13 AM
The Poorboy SSR`s do any job I`ve encountered and they`ve done it well, even in the sun. I don`t use any of the others any more. Why confuse things? SSR 1, 2, or 3 followed by polish with or without carnuba and then a couple coats of EX and detailing nirvana has been achieved. :)

2drtahoez71
03-03-2004, 11:44 AM
the order of aggressivness (from highest to lowest) goes:

SSR3
DACP
SSR2
SSR1

correct? (i know 3 is higher than 2 and 1...im just making sure i know how aggressive DACP is)

EBPcivicsi
03-03-2004, 12:34 PM
^ That looks right to me.

Nickc0844
03-03-2004, 03:18 PM
I`ve tested that Regimen, and you are correct!