PDA

View Full Version : March 20, 2009.

Pages : [1] 2

CharlesW
12-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Take heart fellow Northerners, March 20, 2009 is the first day of Spring. :yay

FWIW, Our high for the day is expected to be anywhere from 2 above to 4 above. It`s presently 0.

Beemerboy
12-21-2008, 01:12 PM
So that`s a high if 4 today?

That should never be said in the same sentence

Page
12-21-2008, 01:12 PM

FWIW, Our high for the day is expected to be anywhere from 2 above to 4 above. It`s presently 0.

Sorry Charles the Temp. wright now in NC. is 51*F
I need to clean my wife`s car up after all the rain we have had.

:christmas:

CharlesW
12-21-2008, 01:25 PM
So that`s a high if 4 today?

That should never be said in the same sentence
Hey, it`s 50% warmer than the original forecast high of only 2 degrees.
Supposed to get up to 12 Monday and all the way to 27 Tuesday.
With that 27 degrees comes an 80% chance of snow.

Ronkh
12-21-2008, 02:01 PM

a 200 - 400% increase in temprature.
someone call algore

Reddwarf
12-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Dang Charles that is cold! It is about 32 here right now (around 1 PM). Yesterday it was 30 degrees warmer at this same time!

CharlesW
12-21-2008, 02:18 PM
a 200 - 400% increase in temprature.
someone call algoreWhile I don`t agree with Al Gore being the guru of weather, (Didn`t he also invent the Internet:)), I do think we need to be conscious of what we are doing to our environment.
I am not against conservation at all.
All that was kind of a disclaimer. :)

A friend of mine told me recently that because of the cold weather we are having, the tree huggers are now talking about "Climate Change" rather than "Global Warming". Anything to:
1. Sell their books
2. Have a good sounding excuse to solicit money
3. Give them an out when their predictions aren`t coming true.

We still need to do something about pollution and alternative energy sources, but I personally think a lot of the people are in it for the publicity and money.
A good example is the new solar powered ship from Japan. Great publicity, but the power isn`t too great.
"The solar power system can generate 40 kilowatts, which would initially cover only 0.2 percent of the ship`s energy consumption for propulsion, but company officials said they hoped to raise the ratio."
Good idea, but it seems to generate a lot more publicity than power.

Ronkh
12-21-2008, 02:26 PM
While I don`t agree with Al Gore being the guru of weather, (Didn`t he also invent the Internet:)), I do think we need to be conscious of what we are doing to our environment.

A friend of mine told me recently that because of the cold weather we are having, the tree huggers are now talking about "Climate Change" rather than "Global Warming". Anything to:
1. Sell their books

We still need to do something about pollution and alternative energy sources, but I personally think a lot of the people are in it for the publicity and money.
A good example is the new solar powered ship from Japan. Great publicity, but the power isn`t too great.
"The solar power system can generate 40 kilowatts, which would initially cover only 0.2 percent of the ship`s energy consumption for propulsion, but company officials said they hoped to raise the ratio."

I`ll agree with most of that.....

The original Toyota Priuses that came from Japan took about 60-80 gallons of the dirtiest fuel to xport across the sea. Fuel so dirty that no country would allow it to be used on continent.

IMHO it is a personal choice and responsibility for people to use resources wisely.

rabbi
12-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Going down to 3 and stay there for a few days so say the forecasters.:passout:

Autogeek
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Stuart Weather Forecast and Conditions Florida (34997) (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/boatandbeach/local/34997?lswe=34997&lwsa=Weather36HourBoatAndBeachCommand&from=searchbox_localwx)

:shrug:

CharlesW
12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Stuart Weather Forecast and Conditions Florida (34997) (http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/boatandbeach/local/34997?lswe=34997&lwsa=Weather36HourBoatAndBeachCommand&from=searchbox_localwx)

:shrug:Are these the same people that track the hurricanes and issue all the warnings for you? :)

Hot, cold, wet, dry, windy, shaky, I don`t think any climate in the U.S. is perfect and I sure as heck don`t want to live anywhere other than in the U.S.
I`ve made it this long, I can probably survive another winter. :D

I never really gave it much thought till right now.
If I am completely honest about it, other than hating to have a dirty vehicle, I really don`t have that much problem handling the winter weather.
You just learn to dress for it and respect what can happen.

Autogeek
12-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Actually that`s National Hurricane Center (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov), which I also have bookmarked :D

We`ve done OK the past few years, though.

Personally, I can`t stand the FL weather in the summer time (it`s like a damn oven outside) and am thinking about moving, slightly north.

My car is always dirtiest in the summer, because it`s so hot that I want nothing to do with being outdoors, plus it rains everyday. I`ll stop complaining now. :D

dave40co
12-21-2008, 04:44 PM
While I don`t agree with Al Gore being the guru of weather, (Didn`t he also invent the Internet:)), I do think we need to be conscious of what we are doing to our environment.

1. Sell their books

I agree!

I read somewhere last week that the current cold spell is PROOF of global warming!:confused:

Page
12-21-2008, 04:45 PM

Now that`s just not right:kick:

:christmas:

Ronkh
12-21-2008, 06:13 PM

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/paulandstacey/crying_baby.jpg