PDA

View Full Version : Protectant for RV- fiberglass gel coat

budman3
03-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Right before all of the posts were deleted I asked a question on what products to use on an RV. Ours is 38 feet and half is paint and the other parts are vinyl and gel coated fiberglass. I have a tub of p21s and I was told that doesn`t last a long time, and being a 38 foot RV i can`t be bothered to apply a coat every few weeks. I was directed toward poorboys polish with carnauba and the ex. Does that sound good for this application? Also, we are going on a month long trip out west- ie grand canyon, yellowstone, las vegas and all of the other hot spots between there and NH and this product needs to make it through that trip and I`m looking at Spray and Wipe for when it gets dirty. Will all of this work? Or are there other products i should be looking at? Thanks in advance

NEW AGAIN
03-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Collite Insulator wax

budman3
03-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I searhed and found nothing on that product... any other information? Thanks

sgo
10-04-2004, 10:46 PM
I searhed and found nothing on that product... any other information? Thanks
Try here: http://www.collinite.com

brwill2004
10-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Buy a pure Polymer Sealant. One that comes to mind is made by Hi-Temp and is available at Top of the Line. The name is Terminator Paint Sealant.

budman3
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Wow old post but thats ok. I was in dire need of something to protect it for our trip out west (one month) so I decided to throw some NXT on it. It was after the fact that I found out that it doesn`t last too long. But thats ok. I guess I`m still looking for more products but I`m tempted to try some klasse SG. I don`t want to try 2345 different products on a 38 foot motorhome if you know what i mean. The gel coat is still in good condition (only 2 years old). Anywho thanks guys.

NYV6Coupe
10-05-2004, 08:11 PM
you`ve got PM