PDA

View Full Version : Affliction T`s...anyone got any?

YNOT
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I`m just curious if any of you are a fan of these cool Affliction T`s...or for that matter Smet, Ed Hardy or any others?

I`ve seen a number of these shirts and for the life of me couldn`t bring myself to spend $50 to 100.00 for a friggin` T-shirt...and I`m a T-shirt freak!!!! T`s are almost all I wear, most of them laden with car graphics, but I simply love T-shirts. That`s just so much money for a shirt that I will likely tear or get dirty and then regret spending so much on.

Well, while I was in Vegas for the SEMA show a few weeks back, I decided to splurge and bought me this one cuz I liked the look of it...

http://cdn.afflictionclothingstore.com/store/images/thumb/id736.jpg

I must say that while it was hard to part with $50.00 for a t-shirt I was actually excited and I love it. It`s extremely soft and comfortable and I could see me buying another one or two if they`re really cool lookin`. I love the artwork on these shirts...the skulls, wings, lettering, the style plus the printing process makes these worth it I suppose.

Anyway...I just wondered if any of you own any or what your thoughts are on these expensive lines of clothing.

JaredPointer
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I had never heard of them until this post. However, given that the majority of my T`s that I have received are freebies from either SlickDeals.net or beer distributors, I can understand why. $50 for a T is a little wild...

Ronkh
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Never heard of it either

blk45
12-07-2008, 02:32 PM
They are geared towards the MMA crowd.

JaredPointer
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Who makes up the MMA crowd?

blk45
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Who makes up the MMA crowd?

Anybody that follows MMA! :D

I have seen people from all walks of life that follow MMA, and then of course a bunch of wanna bes.

Old Pirate
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Wanna be here...............lol

JaredPointer
12-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Let me rephrase that - what the heck is an MMA?

Jokeman
12-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I go to the clearance rack at old navy. I can usually score 10 T-Shirts for about 20 bucks.

Troy@Protekt
12-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Who was it signed by? :D

Fifty bucks for a T-shirt.:jawdrop:

I haven`t checked for a while but even the ones at sporting events and Disney aren`t that high and they are known for being over priced.

YNOT
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I do like to keep most of my t-shirt purchases around $20.00 to 25.00. I agree...50 bucks is quite much for a T-shirt hence I won`t own but a couple of these, but the printing process (discharge printing) coupled with the ass-kickin` artwork (which in most cases covers almost all of the shirt) was a must have for me since I`m into designing t-shirts anyway.

The inks used are not a typical `plastisol` ink that sits on top of the shirt (which makes you sweat underneath) but a type of ink that works more like a `bleach` and actually dies the shirt thus keeping it soft to the touch and more lightweight.

For those that haven`t seen one of these, swing into a Macy`s and check them out. Even if you don`t want one, the artwork and printing process is awesome.

Troy@Protekt
12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Now atleast it makes some sense to me. Glad you explained what makes them so great.

Time for some Detail City T-shirts! $44.95

We will do buy one get one free for the first 1000 orders.:D

blk45
12-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Let me rephrase that - what the heck is an MMA?

Sorry JP. I misunderstood the question. Mixed Martial Arts = UFC - Elite XC (Dead) - Affliction - Strikeforce, etc.

RTexasF
12-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I won`t spend $50 on a watch much less a T-shirt! WOW!:eek:

JaredPointer
12-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Sorry JP. I misunderstood the question. Mixed Martial Arts = UFC - Elite XC (Dead) - Affliction - Strikeforce, etc.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have heard of the UFC and such, just had no idea what MMA was a moniker for. Guess you can tell I am not much of a follower. :redface: