PDA

View Full Version : Gator Encounter

Pages : [1] 2

Sheila@detailcity
12-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Today I was working out at a swanky condo and the grounds keeper and I are friends. I was down talking to him (he is also an offical gator trapper and avid hunter and fisherman. He spends a lot of time in Alaska too. He`s an older fella and I have never seen him without a safari hat on! He`s so cute!):)

Anway, he`s telling me about his weekend in the Everglads, fishing on an airboat at two in the morning, and all of a sudden says "hey, I have two gators in my truck. Want to see em?"

Heck yes! We walk over to his truck and I hear hissing...yes, hissing.....and growling. He opens up the tailgate (he had a topper on) and there was a 10 foot gator, mean as could be! He also had a little one (about 5 feet) in there too (he was waiting for the State to pick them up. )

I am telling you, that thing stared me down. He was a mean sucker. :mad: I did feel sorry for him, though. :(

Captain said he has caught over 600 of them, for the state. :wow: He`s a cool dude. Just thought some of you Yanks would appreciate a good gator tale!

Reddwarf
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
You mean not everyone in FL carried gators in their trucks? :rofl

Sheila@detailcity
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
You mean not everyone in FL carried gators in their trucks? :rofl

Gator bumper stickers maybe:)

Go Seminoles!

Beemerboy
12-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I about stepped on one in Mexico....it was laying on the lawn..looked like a log to me, until I got close....Carl Lewis could not have out run me at that point:eek:

Troy@Protekt
12-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Gator bumper stickers maybe:)

Go Seminoles!

:huh:

:jawdrop:

:redcard:

We are a Gators family. Not sure where the Seminoles cheer is coming from?:hmmm:

Time to have a little chat with my woman again.:mad:

:bonk:

GO GATORS!!!

TeamDestruction
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow that must have been interesting seeing a Gator in the bed of a truck.
And Go Gators!

Ronkh
12-05-2008, 06:59 AM
That`s why I love traveling down "alligator alley" so many speed bumps.
(potential hand bags/shoes for the ladies)

Poorboy
12-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I thought only snakes hiss :hmmm:

Go Canes :D

Sheila@detailcity
12-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I thought only snakes hiss :hmmm:

Go Canes :D

Cats come to mind:)

Poorboy
12-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Cats come to mind:)

I thought cats sound more like hehhh and grrr well at least mine did :lol2:

Old Pirate
12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Many yrs ago, I had one near my house that would guard my place when i was not home. He never did come near me or my back pouch. Then one day he moved away (people crying), county moved him to another area.................

Sheila@detailcity
12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I thought cats sound more like hehhh and grrr well at least mine did :lol2:

you ain`t living until you`ve been hissed at by my black sammie! She is soooo funny! Moody, but we love her. The other two make up for her.:love:

Meghan
12-05-2008, 11:04 AM
:huh:

:jawdrop:

:redcard:

We are a Gators family. Not sure where the Seminoles cheer is coming from?:hmmm:

Time to have a little chat with my woman again.:mad:

:bonk:

GO GATORS!!!

Troy do I need to send your wife a Gators Tshirt for Christmas!:notme:

Sheila@detailcity
12-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Actually, to be really honest...I could care less about College football..I am more of an NFL girl. But, if I had to pick one, it would be Noles (only because I almost went there for school)!:cheers:

Meghan
12-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Actually, to be really honest...I could care less about College football..I am more of an NFL girl. But, if I had to pick one, it would be Noles (only because I almost went there for school)!:cheers:

Ok if you went there to school you should be a Noles without a doubt, tell Troy to get over it!!! More importantly, what is your NFL team?:redface: