PDA

View Full Version : Bad advertisement and * detailer

ExpressDetail
11-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Ok so about a month ago I received a call from MAGIC YELLOW I took up on there offer but did not get what I paid for (waste of $500 stay away). But they supplied me with a template ad to place on craigslist . so then a few weeks ago a client tells me that they where not happy with there last detailer experience long story short I got his biz Thanks . Then a few days later i get another call from another client upon detailing her vehicle there was wax all around the emblems and so fourth . So I asked the question was your car detailed by someone before she replied yes by a guy named ( Ramon) the same as the last complaint . well whatever right I`m getting biz all is good . Well I finish up and the Client schedules another appointment as well as one for her husband . Well as I`m driving away I start to get curious as to who this Ramon fellow is . A few days go by I totally forget about it all as a matter of fact I was downtown enjoying some QT time with the other half. My biz phone rings and a guy ask for the owner and basically goes off on me about some ad bullxxxx and then tells me he is the owner of A.T.D and his name is Ramon and I`m like Ramon ! lol so now I`m interested haha so What its boils down to is that my add that was given to me was close to his so i ask how and he was like you offer mobile service and the same things I do . So I`m kinda scratching my head here ...Basically I`m a COPY CAT guys I`m not supposed to be mobile and or offer to do details at work or home . As much as I wanted to give him a hard time about his company name . It was one not my place and two I`m not a confrontation type of person . But I made sure to explain to him that thats what I payed magic yellow for them to put an ad together . well just figured I would share the story guys

Troy@Protekt
11-26-2008, 08:16 PM
So let me see if I have this straight...

You paid a company for advertising services part of which is a craigslist ad that you are getting business from but that`s not worth it?

Was Ramon upset because you are trying to compete with him in the same market or were there slogans or pictures that were copied?

Sounds like there is a bit more to the story or I`m not understanding.

JaredPointer
11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I can`t follow it either Troy. I must be getting old and crotchety, what with me wanting proper grammar and not slaughtering the King`s English and all. :D

Poorboy
11-26-2008, 10:23 PM
ok here`s the low down... Yellow makes ads ..he paid $500 but thought it wasn`t worth it ..he used the ad on craigslist and got a customer who was unhappy with this guy Ramon .. then he gets more biz from more people unhappy with Ramon ..then Ramon finds out this guy is getting his unhappy customers and calls him to complain..he tells him he got the ad from Yellow ..which is probably where he got his ad made too ...

I think that`s it :D

ExpressDetail
11-26-2008, 11:16 PM
haha close poorboy, the guy was mad because in my ad it says "we come to your home or office whatever works for you " and so does his ad . But i did`t design my ad also magic yellow did . besides if i did use those words which I would he is not happy with that.

Beemerboy
11-26-2008, 11:37 PM
haha close poorboy, the guy was mad because in my ad it says "we come to your home or office whatever works for you " and so does his ad . But i did`t design my ad also magic yellow did . besides if i did use those words which I would he is not happy with that.

To bad for Ramon...he doesn`t own the rights to those words or phrase...maybe if Roman had put more effort into doing a better job...he wouldn`t be loosing customers:D:D:D

ExpressDetail
11-26-2008, 11:44 PM
To bad for Ramon...he doesn`t own the rights to those words or phrase...maybe if Roman had put more effort into doing a better job...he wouldn`t be loosing customers:D:D:D
Right ; Sorry guys I`m not the best on typing . Also yes what bothers me is his aggressiveness and worried about people coping when he in fact is using another companies name. One thing that I have always like about MOST detailer`s is that all thou we might be competition its still kind of like a family business .