PDA

View Full Version : Scary in Philly

heatgain
11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I`m visiting my eldest in Philly and watching the parking habits here. I`ve come to the conclusion that I`d hate to be a detailer in Philly. The streets are very narrow and of course parking is parallel.
I`ve watched a couple of cars park and it was Bang - bump the car bumper behind; Bang - bump the bumper in front; Voila! You`re parked.
Made me wince.

Ronkh
11-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Parking by the braille method, or playing bumper tag.

9D4E420
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I deal with that all the time. Philly is one of the country`s oldest cities. Many roads were built before cars, that`s the main problem. Second is people just don`t care. A few years ago I got in a nasty fight over a person gouging my bumpers. The lady saw nothing wrong with it. Thank god for her insurance. Now I take the subway when possible it saves my bumpers. If you park I`d say it is about a 75% chance your car will be f`d up when you return.

Beemerboy
11-25-2008, 02:31 PM
San Fransisco is the same way

Poorboy
11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
San Fransisco is the same way

so is LA ... that`s where a guy told me, after cracking the paint on my camaro :wall , that bumpers were for bumping :crazy: ... then i borrowed my partners truck and did some bumping, oh i mean parking of my own :notme:

rabbi
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
so is LA ... that`s where a guy told me, after cracking the paint on my camaro :wall , that bumpers were for bumping :crazy: ... then i borrowed my partners truck and did some bumping, oh i mean parking of my own :notme:
Good man!
I had a guy back into my door and put a nice dent in it. After a few words I realized I was wasting my time talking to him so I grabbed him by the collar and head first I shoved him into the dented door. As he sat there crumbled and dazed against my door I kicked him over on his side.I said to the guy it was no big deal and drove off.:passout:

Troy@Protekt
11-25-2008, 03:17 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was gonna be about the Eagles and the smart move Andy Reid made to lose to the Ravens last week. :D

I`ve never been there but, from what I keep hearing about their football fans, I don`t think I`ll be visiting anytime soon. :yikes:

9D4E420
11-25-2008, 03:59 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was gonna be about the Eagles and the smart move Andy Reid made to lose to the Ravens last week. :D

I`ve never been there but, from what I keep hearing about their football fans, I don`t think I`ll be visiting anytime soon. :yikes:

I agree totally Troy. Now is not the time to come here. The fans are starting to become quite enraged and violent. After the game there were reports of many fights at local bars and taverns. The last 2 Birds games will be discussed for many, many years to come.:wall It is so strange for me when I go to other NFL stadiums I don`t see people getting thrown down the stairs. Yes, it`s a disgrace I`ll be the first to admit.

black bart
11-25-2008, 07:49 PM
This was several years ago but a friend of mine was waiting for his wife at a parking lot and this guy in a Cadillac pulls in the space beside of him.

The guy opens his door and slams it into the side of his new Chevrolet.
My friend got out and saw the dent in the door and said something to the guy in the Caddy and he said it is a small dent and besides it is just a Chevy.
My friend turned around and Mule kicked the Caddy and put a HUGE dent in the door and said Now you SOB we are even.
His wife showed up and they left the guy never said a word.

Bunky
11-25-2008, 08:48 PM
It was much deserved by could be dangerous.

rabbi
11-25-2008, 08:49 PM
This was several years ago but a friend of mine was waiting for his wife at a parking lot and this guy in a Cadillac pulls in the space beside of him.

The guy opens his door and slams it into the side of his new Chevrolet.
My friend got out and saw the dent in the door and said something to the guy in the Caddy and he said it is a small dent and besides it is just a Chevy.
My friend turned around and Mule kicked the Caddy and put a HUGE dent in the door and said Now you SOB we are even.
His wife showed up and they left the guy never said a word.

:bigups I like the way your friend operates!:passout:

black bart
11-25-2008, 08:53 PM
It was much deserved by could be dangerous.Yes if you could see my friend then you would understand why the other guy said nothing :D
He may have a damaged door but that is better than a damaged face. :rofl

CBlakeNS
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Thats what happens in very urban areas.