PDA

View Full Version : White Diamond + Natty`s Red on Pickup

Reddwarf
11-20-2008, 06:22 PM
We had a beautiful day with a high in the mid 70`s! I had scheduled to detail the Lexus of the guy that cuts my hair (another barter deal) but he had to reschedule. Not wanting to let such a beautiful day go without a detail I decided to clean up the pickup. The truck (2000 Nissan Frontier) sits outside 24x7 so it gets a bit dirty. The last time I detailed it I put 1Z wax on it. That was gone by now.

I started with the wheels & tires of course:

Chem Dudes Citrus Wash
Amazing Roll Off (ARO)
EZ brush
A long handle and short handle Green brush
A Meg`s tire brush

The wheels did not look all that dirty but I was surprised at how much dirt came off. ARO is amazing (pun intended). I completed the tires with DP Tire Gel and CG Bare Bones on the wheel wells.

The Wash:
I washed my wife`s Quest the day before and I had a good amount of Chem Guys Extreme Bodywash in my AG foam gun.
A black Shmitt and a white/ yellow Shmitt

After getting the truck clean I dried it with a leaf blower and the Air Wand attachment

Interior:
PB Natural Look (cleans an protects! One of my favorite PB products)
Vacuum with Shop Vac
Carpet spots treated with 303 Carpet Cleaner
Fabreeze on the seats

Glass:
Stoners IG

Exterior:
I started off on the top and the hood using XMT 360 with the UDM and an LC Green Pad. Truth-be-known, I perfer PB Polish with Sealant. I think it corrects better, no dust, and leaves a better protection - IMO. I then switched to a Blue Pad and used PB White Diamond. I couldn`t tell a huge difference at time. I did the sides with PB White Diamond. I topped it off with PB Natty`s Red. After removing the wax I applied another coat of Natty`s Red to the hood while I worked on all the exterior trim using PB Trim Restorer.

I love the PB trim Restorer! I put two coats on the trim bit between the windshield and the hood. I buffed it off and it looks great! I did a final wipe down with PB Spray & Gloss.

It was getting late when I finished so I cleaned up my stuff and called it a day. I thought the truck looked good but nothing special. Then I went outside just as the sun was setting and I noticed the truck was shining in the dim light. White Diamond + Natty`s Red + S&G looked awesome!

I took a couple of shots today. Sorry no before pics.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/truck/DSCN0138.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/truck/DSCN0139.jpg

Ronkh
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Nice!

Natty`s Red always looks better a day or two later.

jaybs02
11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
lookin real good :bigups

Redwings97
11-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Looking good Reddwarf -

Poorboy
11-21-2008, 09:23 AM
love the hood reflections ..nice job :bigups

9D4E420
11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
That is an awesome combo! Great job!

Bunky
11-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Maybe this could be a new thread or poll, but I wonder how many people apply a gloss enhancer like a detail spray (S&G) or wax (AW) after doing a full detail (new LSP) to perk up the gloss?

jaybs02
11-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds like it would be a good poll.

I personally do, but the day after.
I want to give it a day to set.

Reddwarf
11-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone! Hopefully the weather will warm back up next week and I can do a quick wash and another coat of Natty`s Red!

Old Pirate
11-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Nice looking shine on the Nissan Frontier Red!!!!:bigups

Ronkh
11-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Look better today?

Reddwarf
11-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Look better today?

Probably would if it were not for sitting outside. I drove it a short distance today and it was dusty. We had a cold front blow in last night. Other than some dust it is still looking good. A little QD and I bet it would look as shiny!