PDA

View Full Version : Need help formating a professional resume?

Jngrbrdman
11-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Check out this site. Emurse.com: Resume Builder | Maker | Creator (http://www.emurse.com) It saves as you go, so don`t worry about looking for the `save` button. I am working on building mine on the site as we speak and it is a great little program. You can create three different resumes, so if you are like me and have a couple different skill sets that you focus on when job hunting, then you can customize you resumes appropriately. I just thought with the crazy economy right now and the rise in unemployment (coupled with the fact that I work for a company that is going to let go 3500 people in my utility in January) it might be a good idea to brush up on the ole resume. I had just updated mine back in April, but a revisit is never a bad idea. Hopefully this comes in handy to anyone who has a hard time formatting their resume. :bigups

9D4E420
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks Jngr I`ll definitely check that out! Hope they decided to do away with those layoffs at your job.

Reddwarf
11-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Looks interesting. Is it really free? Another option is create an account at Yahoo Hotjobs. You can create nicely formatted resumes there for free.

Jngrbrdman
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Yup, this one is free. The nice thing is that it allows you to download it and print it for those face to face interviews. It also gives you a URL that has the content of the resume that you can give to potential employers just in case. It is just a really nifty service that I will be hanging onto for sure.