View Full Version : No Holds Barred

Pages : 1 2 [3]

CharlesW
11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
You know the old saying: "If we don`t have dreams, what do we have?"
A lot of old stuff we are happy with and no payments. :D

GearHead_1
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
A lot of old stuff we are happy with and no payments. :DI hear you and I don`t think our mind sets are too disimilar, though you are much older than me. :D Don`t be an old fuddy duddy and ruin my dream thread. It`s all I have going for me right now (just put dad in the hospital this afternoon). ;) I gave you some good rep points for letting me play with you, like you need any more rep.

CharlesW
11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
I hear you and I don`t think our mind sets are too disimilar, though you are much older than me. :D Don`t be an old fuddy duddy and ruin my dream thread. It`s all I have going for me right now (just put dad in the hospital this afternoon). ;) I gave you some good rep points for letting me play with you, like you need any more rep.Hey, I`m certainly not trying to ruin your dream thread, but..... It`s hard to not be an old fuddy duddy when that`s what you are. :D

Sorry to hear about your dad`s health and wish him the best.

Poorboy
11-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Just an observation:
Very few have chosen a vehicle that I could afford to maintain if it were given to me. Some would be totally impractical to drive on the street and I would have no use for something I couldn`t drive.

true, and after many years of seeing what my detailing customers spent for just a scheduled maintenece, I couldn`t afford the upkeep :(

A point of reference:
My wife says she doesn`t need any help spending my money. She`s right. She seems to handle it quite well. :)

I bet my wife spends it faster than yours:wall
..and Pockets can testify to it :passout:

The true facts:
If you had my money, you would;
1) Live in a modest 3 BR home for the past 36+ years
2) Drive a 4+ year old mini-van
3) Your wife would drive an 8+ year old car
4) Your toys would be a 27 year old Corvette that could use new paint and a 23 year old motorcycle

5) And you know what, I couldn`t be happier. :bigups
1) I do..but only 11 years...I`m younger than you :D
2) I drive an 11 year old truck :(
3) the wife drives the 4 year old van :notme:
4) my toys are a 42 year old Caddy needing much more attention than your Vette and a 18 year old Quad442 that hasn`t been on the road for 6 years :cry:
5) I could be happier :notme:

rabbi
11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Okay,okay.After some encouragement from a certain someone who likes to chide me I will spend Charles` money.
Although there have been many fine cars mentioned here I`ll go different.
I`d like to have a Koenigsegg CCX.:passout: