PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Detail!

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM
On a BMW forum...guy was asking for a good detailer...said that he was unhappy with his local sources...I sent him a PM...we talked on the phone...send a ton of before and after pics...Saturday he decided to drive up, about 80 miles one way....All I was going to do was look at it and tell him what I thought...The car was a carbon copy of my car color and all, only one year older...he had the car repainted about 3 years ago after a accident...I washed the car and it was swirl city...big time!!

He takes it threw the tunnel washes once a week:eek:

So I did one panel for him to show the work...he was so impressed that he asked if I could finish the car...not having anything else to do...I went to work...I finished just the outside in about 3.5 hours...the car was like a mirror...he was blown away by what it looked like...took tons of pics...of which I will post once he sends them to me.

Best part of this and the reason for this thread...I charged him $225 for the job...he gave me $300:D

I asked him to post his pics on the BMW site and tell them about my service and how happy he was with the finish...I also schooled him on washing and drying...so he can keep the car looking good longer!:bigups

Poorboy
10-27-2008, 10:16 AM
way to go Dave :bigups

Beemerboy
10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
way to go Dave :bigups

Thanks Steve...your BH and EXP where in the finish...I cut the clear pretty good to get it down...then the BH finished off what little was left...I have to say that I even impressed myself :D

Poorboy
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
It`s great that this guy took that long of a trip :rockon

Ronkh
10-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Cant wait to see pics.

Beemerboy
10-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Cant wait to see pics.

Me to...it was a guy from bimmerfest

Ronkh
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Me to...it was a guy from bimmerfest

Hopefully he will post em there and it could turn out good for you.

sal329
10-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Great to hear it worked out well for the both of you guys. Hope he gets the pics up on Bimmerfest and then others will know where to go for a great detail.

Pats300zx
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Great story. What products did you use on it???

Beemerboy
10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Great story. What products did you use on it???

After I washed the car I clayed...then with a polishing pad on the rotary I used Presta SWR...it worked well, but started to gum up some...so I switched over to WG SWR...it cut the surface real well..I worked the rotary a lot so that I would not have to to a second pass...in the halogen the car looked great...real clean of marrying...so.then I went to P-w-C with my orbital with a polishing pad...glazed with PB BH and finished with EX-P

Pats300zx
10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
After I washed the car I clayed...then with a polishing pad on the rotary I used Presta SWR...it worked well, but started to gum up some...so I switched over to WG SWR...it cut the surface real well..I worked the rotary a lot so that I would not have to to a second pass...in the halogen the car looked great...real clean of marrying...so.then I went to P-w-C with my orbital with a polishing pad...glazed with PB BH and finished with EX-P

Awesome !!!! :rockon

How long did it take you?

The Chee
10-27-2008, 07:39 PM
:rockon Good job, can`t wait to see the pics of the car

GearHead_1
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
No pictures yet? It didn`t happen. It`s O.K., I have dreams like this once in a while too. Then there`s the one about playing basketball and jumping like I was a kid. :D

Beemerboy
10-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Awesome !!!! :rockon

How long did it take you?

Start to finish about 4 hours....working time...about 5 hours total...I was showing the guy a few things a long the line...I don`t care much for that but wanted to show him what goes into a paint correction like this....it paid in the end:D

9D4E420
10-28-2008, 12:03 AM
That`s a great story! Glad to hear you landed a forum customer. I`m sure word of mouth will spread quickly!:rockon