PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices and the Oil Situation

Pages : [1] 2

CharlesW
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Since gas in my area is now down to $2.19 a gallon, it seems that everyone has lost interest in finding alternate sources of fuel.
It isn`t time to panic, but it is time to make some effort to get away from a source of energy that will someday be exhausted. Probably sooner than we think.

Beemerboy
10-24-2008, 04:44 PM
That`s the American way of life..once its not hurting them at the pump any longer...they stop talking about it...watch and see the sales of cars go back up!

jaybs02
10-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree... now that prices have dropped, people will go back to their normal routines.
I feel that the only reason that they dropped is because people were hit hard, so they looked for alternate means of transportation or smaller more fuel efficient vehicles.
This is the time to look towards replacing the dwindling fossil fuel supply and not get drawn back into the use of large less efficient cars and trucks.

"J"

JaredPointer
10-24-2008, 05:47 PM
$2.19!!! Man that`s CHEAP!

Okay, okay. Just showing how well trained they have us. :)

97F1504x4
10-24-2008, 06:08 PM
2.19 Holy Smokes.

The cheapest i have seen it here is 2.99 but most are still at the 3.29 mark and there are car dealerships here closing their doors left and right.

It has finally started coming down though. On Monday it was still at 3.59

CharlesW
10-24-2008, 06:13 PM
$2.19!!! Man that`s CHEAP!

Okay, okay. Just showing how well trained they have us. :)
$2.17 tonight.
In our area, the price seems to drop 2 cents in the morning and 2 cents that same evening.
Don`t get me wrong, I`m glad to take it, but it is kind of interesting that it would go up 20 or 30 cents a day, but can only come down the 4 cents.
If I didn`t have this blind trust in the people behind all this, I might think they were messing with me.

While I`m on the rant;
All the product price increases because of oil prices seem to be staying up. If they went up because oil went up, shouldn`t they come down when oil comes down?

jaybs02
10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
2.19 Holy Smokes.

The cheapest i have seen it here is 2.99 but most are still at the 3.29 mark and there are car dealerships here closing their doors left and right.

It has finally started coming down though. On Monday it was still at 3.59

wow... even on long island we are down at $2.65

RTexasF
10-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Stand by and bend over. OPEC just voted to cut production drastically.

Poorboy
10-24-2008, 08:06 PM
While I`m on the rant;
All the product price increases because of oil prices seem to be staying up. If they went up because oil went up, shouldn`t they come down when oil comes down?

It is funny but not Charles ... We are only seeing our raw material prices continue to go up, FedEx used to give us a fuel surcharge almost every week and they aren`t lowering their prices either :mad:, neither have the freight forwarders we use ... I think all these people got used to having those high prices and now like the idea of making a few more dollars ..end the rant on the rant :horse:

rabbi
10-24-2008, 08:39 PM
2.09 here in southwest Ohio so I am told. I haven`t driven today so I can`t confirm this.:passout:

dave40co
10-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Still over $3.00 a gallon in San Diego! Can anyone say ripoff?

Bunky
10-25-2008, 08:03 AM
I de not think all those gas releated price increases in everything we buy will drop very quickly. You already see it in the grocery stores where you get less for the same price (cereals and bread are examples). The producers will hold on the money for as long as they can get away with it.

I am surprised about some complainers of high gas prices. This is just what the "free market" is all about that people seem to want. That is includes the right to absurdly price gas.

Poorboy
10-25-2008, 09:03 AM
I de not think all those gas releated price increases in everything we buy will drop very quickly. You already see it in the grocery stores where you get less for the same price (cereals and bread are examples). The producers will hold on the money for as long as they can get away with it.

I am surprised about some complainers of high gas prices. This is just what the "free market" is all about that people seem to want. That is includes the right to absurdly price gas.

what happened to those good ole days of regulation :D

JaredPointer
10-25-2008, 03:30 PM
what happened to those good ole days of regulation :D

Could be coming back. :)

Old Pirate
10-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Today it`s 2.65 in my area. Heard of some places that it`s 2.42.