PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Car To Florida By Train

ernman
10-17-2008, 01:37 PM
My father is going to Florida for the winter and would like to take his 65 GTO Conv. w/ him. He said that he found out he could put in on a train in Delaware and pick it up in Florida.

I was just wondering if anyone has used a service like this before?

Old Pirate
10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
My wife had used it twice in the late eighty`s and was happy with it. She drove it to the train and they loaded it on and she broad the train. She said to me that she will use it again if the need arise again. Hope this helps.

Meghan
10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Are we talking about Amtrak? If so I used it once about 20 years ago, loved it!

Poorboy
10-17-2008, 02:36 PM
I would not use it for the GTO ... they are put in the train like cattle ...:eek: you could end up with damage and they do not settle door ding claims well let alone something like suspension or bumper damage... if he really wants it there..spend the extra money and use a company called Horseless Carriage ;)

Beemerboy
10-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I would not use it for the GTO ... they are put in the train like cattle ...:eek: you could end up with damage and they do not settle door ding claims well let alone something like suspension or bumper damage... if he really wants it there..spend the extra money and use a company called Horseless Carriage ;)

I`m with Steve on this one..send that car by truck not train...much more personalized service and the car will arrive in one piece

black bart
10-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I would not use it for the GTO ... they are put in the train like cattle ...:eek: you could end up with damage and they do not settle door ding claims well let alone something like suspension or bumper damage... if he really wants it there..spend the extra money and use a company called Horseless Carriage ;)I agree another good one is Inter City these two are used by customers of Barret Jackson.

Yeah it will probably cost a little more but it will arrive just like it was when it left home.