PDA

View Full Version : Cirrus SR22

AlphaOmega
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
My latest plane job. Beautiful plane. The owner flew to Tampa the next day and said he gained 10 mph cruising speed after my detailing it. Will be working on his Cessna tomorrow.

Old Pirate
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Great pictures! you work out of Lakeland Linder Regional Airport?

AlphaOmega
09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I`m in Mulberry, fully mobile. That plane was in a private hangar in the back of the guy`s house. I`m trying to expand my aircraft service from Tampa to Vero Beach.

JohnHenry
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey, Brian! Very impressive! I`m glad to see your business doing so well. Man, is that hangar the ultimate garage or what? What`s he got on the floor... do you know?

AlphaOmega
10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
He said it was an epoxy coating of some sort. I`m sure it was expensive.

AlphaOmega
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
BTW, just a little note on the potential for pucker factor when it comes to detailing aircraft; I just called this customer the other day to followup. He said the plane is currently grounded because he had a mechanical failure in flight. One flap locked up all the way down, the other full up. It throws the plane into a roll which I hear tell is usually unrecoverable. But he somehow saved it and landed. Now he says the FAA has grounded the fleet (I assume that meens everyone who bought that model??) and NTSB is investigating the cause. Now, I know he`s flown that thing at least six times since I detailed it. But having worked on it just 2 weeks prior to the mechanical failure.......:passout:
Suffice to say I`ll be glad to hear it was some mechanical quirk that was not anywhere related to detailing.