PDA

View Full Version : Dog Drool

Smokin' Mark
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
My Chesapeake Bay Retriever rides with me in my Mazdaspeed3. The dog lives to hang his head out the rear windows. That`s cool...if it makes him happy it makes me happy. That is until I let the dog drool on the sides of the car dry and bake in the sun. I thought it would just wipe off. I was mistaken. It took a lot of work to get the drool stains off the car. :wall

Beemerboy
09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Carry a spray bottle of S&W with some good MFT and clean that up after each doggie ride!

There is a fair amount of salt in his drool and that can adhere to the paint, if it drys and COULD cause some paint etching...S&W is the answer IMO

ELD OF NC
08-16-2012, 11:23 PM
I know this post is old but I just did a land cruiser for a lady a few weeks back who had this issue she said it hadn`t been waxed since she owned it (6 years) needless to say the doggy druel had ate the paint down to the metal I told her ahead of time that my effort couldn`t fix that and then explained she could see the metal in those spots and she said o is that what that is I thought it was just dirt o well do what you can. Some people are just clueless I guess

tropicsteve
08-17-2012, 08:48 AM
in-spite of everything, i like my dogs better than most people i know. :) i can also say that dog drool can wreak havoc on applied window tint too. i definitely carry quick detailer with me in my ride.

Trouble
08-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe you could Opti Gaurd the sides of the car?

My dog destroys my car but I don`t care

ca.detailchick
08-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Maybe you could Opti Gaurd the sides of the car?

My dog destroys my car but I don`t care
Wait .......arent you the dog?!:D

Nth Degree
08-17-2012, 11:26 PM
:funny:
Wait .......arent you the dog?!:D

Ouch!

ca.detailchick
08-18-2012, 12:06 AM
:funny:

Ouch!
No really !!Trouble is really a dog!He barks ,drools,whines and begs and even comes when you call his name!:rofl

tropicsteve
08-18-2012, 07:27 AM
yep, call me a dog anytime, just don`t call me a cat. :D

Old Man
11-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Old thread,but I have a solution for you. I`ve used Natures Miracle to remove dog drool on leather,vinyl, and.....hardwood floors. It`s enzyme based and can`t hurt anything. You can get it by the quart or gallon at almost any pet store. Cheap, too.