PDA

View Full Version : Election year spillover?

CharlesW
09-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Since there is so much petty bickering and negative oratory going on in the campaigns, I can`t help but feel that some of that is affecting our everyday lives.
We seem to have more paranoia, less patience, a much more suspicious attitude and a greater tendency to have negative posts in the past few months.
At first I blamed it on all you people just having bad days :) till I realized that I was just as guilty as anyone. :D
Is it possible that all the negative vibes are affecting all of us. Or maybe it is just me. :dunno:

dave40co
09-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I think it has nothing to do with the campaigns and more to do with the current economic problems we have today. Gas prices, stock market meltdown, foreclosures etc... I can`t blame any party and I don`t want to make this a political statement, but both parties have been guilty in the problem.

Bunky
09-17-2008, 05:05 PM
This election is going to get nastier and a bad economy does not help. I see more intolerance of views by the extremes of each side -- there is no middle ground -- you are either for or against it.