PDA

View Full Version : Taking time to enjoy

cwcad
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I had an oiccasion to meet up with a couple of folks from DC yesterday. Boy, did I have a good time!!!!!

We did not do a lot of detailing discussiom but more of and old time friends get back together. One of the members of the little group was Norah whom I had met previously but was still excited to see her non the less but the pleasant surprise was meeting in person someone that I had chatted with on the DC forum many times in the past. His name is non other than, Scott Lee. What a grand fellow! Very cordial and warm with a bit of humor mixed into the fray.

I mention this only because of the impersonal nature of the internet. Yet, if one chats long enough one can get the feel of a person without actually shaking hands with someone. One member of this forum who has read most... if not all... of my posts had me pegged soon after I started posting and later gave his opinion of my posts to me in person and he hit my personality nail right on the head,

All I know is I had a wonderful time and look forward to meeting more new members whenever I get a chance.

JaredPointer
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I`ve talked to you and I think you`re a bum!

:D Just kiddin` Kirk! I think you`re a great guy. It`s good to see posts like this. Maybe one day I will get to meet this Norah you speak of......

cwcad
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Maybe one day I will get to meet this Norah you speak of......

Well, if you do get a chance to meet her or Scott... You will be a better person because of it. Either one is the "Salt of the Earth."

Poorboy
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Glad you had a great time :bigups ..also good to hear Nourah is still on her journey :cool:

jaybs02
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Thats great Kirk.
I also have had the pleasure of meeting some of the faces tat are behind the keyboard.
I have to agree with that they are as good in person as they are on the web :bigups

I only wish that I could get a chance to meet more.

"J"

scottlee
09-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I enjoyed the meet and greet as well.
Kirk and Norah are the greatest warmest people you could ever meet
i am anxious to get together with them both again soon !