PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars M21 2.0 sealant?

OCD_Maniac
09-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I plan to buy the new Megs M21 2.0 sealant and try it out on my car. The one thing I wanted to ask is, does this sealant have any cleaners just like NXT 2.0?

The reason why I ask is that I plan to use Klasse AIO and then afterwards, I plan to apply Megs #7 glaze on my car. Then I will proceed to apply #21 2.0 sealant.

Now assuming the #21 sealant has mild cleaners just like NXT 2.0, would it removed the #7 glaze I just applied? I Know glaze does not last long but I like the extra pop look.

thanks for all of the inputs!!!!

dave40co
09-07-2008, 04:40 PM
No cleaners in 21 but NXT has very mild ones. Consumer line waxes almost always have cleaners in them.

CharlesW
09-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I plan to buy the new Megs M21 2.0 sealant and try it out on my car. The one thing I wanted to ask is, does this sealant have any cleaners just like NXT 2.0?

No cleaners in 21 but NXT has very mild ones. Consumer line waxes almost always have cleaners in them.
Having never used Meg`s M21, I can`t comment on it.
I have used NXT 2.0 and didn`t consider it a cleaner wax. It was used as the LSP on a polished and prepped surface.
One thing that make me think it is not a cleaner wax is this comment by Mike Phillips at MOL.

Neither NXT or M21 is a cleaner/wax, they are intended to be used on paint that is already clean and polished.

Smokin' Mark
09-25-2008, 07:40 PM
MG cautions against applying this product over waxes etc because it contains a mild cleaner and fillers. I`ve used it and it works great...almost foolproof. And holy crap does a nice wax over it look good!

black bart
09-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Having never used Meg`s M21, I can`t comment on it.
I have used NXT 2.0 and didn`t consider it a cleaner wax. It was used as the LSP on a polished and prepped surface.
One thing that make me think it is not a cleaner wax is this comment by Mike Phillips at MOL.Yep I have read the same thing on MOL
I will take Mike Phillips word on it over something posted some were on the Internet.

He has the inside info and does his best to help people get the best results from their products.

If he said no cleaner then I will go with that.
I even challenged him on this very thing because NXT seems to remove soiled surface like when I used it on my home AC but Mike stated that hand lotion would probably done the same and he insisted their was NO cleaner in NXT or 21

dr_detail
09-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I don`t know if I`d top #7 with anything -- being that it`s a glaze. But then again, I`m no Meg`s expert; you might want to ask Mike over on the megs board :)

black bart
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I have topped 7 with NXT but could not see any benefit. YMMV