This is the stuff i used:

Vista car wax, gold metal can, hard pinkish
color wax. easy on & off cleaned great nice
gloss.

Eagleone paste wax, metal can, glided on like butter
came off fairly easy, nice gloss, lasted 2 months
at best.

Meguiars car cleaner paste wax, easy on came off
fairly easy good cleaner/polish action, nice gloss.
lasted about 1 month.

Blue coral autofom with fombolin A, went on easy
came off fairly easy, smelled weird strange chemical
smell, gloss average. lasted about 2 months.

Wax shop super glaze, original formula, this was called, the racers choice wax, a lot of race teams used it. went on easy as can be, came off even easier nice gloss great water beads, lasted 1 month.
strong solvent smell.

Kit hard gloss paste wax, a soft paste wax, easy on came off fairly easy not a bad shine, cheep, $4.00
a can.

ultrafinish, this was not a wax but a polish that protected by cleaning the paint so the paint can protect it self? you had to really rub this stuff in
like any polish, rub until almost gone, came off easy
produced a nice gloss, like a polish, also made the finish smooth as glass,I really don`t know if it protected all that well. I still see the owner of the
company, still selling this product at shows here in NJ.

I`m sure I forgot something I used but this is a start.

Larry A
09-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Lets go back a little farther. Johnson J -Wax , the first paste cleaner wax. Dupont New Car Wax, a little harder to use but what a gloss and a very slick finish. Dupont # 7 cleaner polish, the king of all hand applied cleaner polishes. And the king of all waxes , Simonize Paste Wax , was very hard to use , but what a finish. Simonize came out in 1910,#7 polish in 1924 , J-wax and New Car Wax came out in the middle 50s with Vista wax.

JaredPointer
09-03-2008, 09:54 AM
No one mentioned Rain Dance.....

9D4E420
09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
How about Rally wax...

Beemerboy
09-03-2008, 11:43 AM
TR3 Resin Glaze...was my go to back when I started detailing for customers...I used cut up, cotton towels as an applicator and bath towels for removing the residue.

Also tons of Armoral the real bad one that would crack plastic dashes

I also used DuPont #7 polish, brown in color that stuff rocked

I forgot about Megs..mirror glaze line...it was 3 or 4 steps as I recall...in the area that I lived in the low riders loved this stuff...super high gloss stuff

Larry A
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Remember the original Blue Coral, cleaner and sealer.How about Blue Corals first cleaner wax, Coral Lave. Anybody remember a couple of dealer applied products , Lustur Seal and Porcelenize.

Old Pirate
09-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Meg`s and Apple polishes is what i use in the 80`s.

Rockit
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Yep I remember most all of these ,dupont #7 polish was, ahead
of it`s time, easy on and off deep gloss, I`ve seen this stuff lately
but can`t remember where. of course this was a polish only, no
protection. Rally wax never used it. I remember guys used to leave it on
and drive around with it, I have no idea why?, pep boys still has tr3 resin glaze.
Original Rain dance paste was good stuff,going back to the 70`s though,I was about
12 years old,I remember trying to open the can and having it spill all over me.
The stuff was like a gel kinda paste. Great water beads on myself after trying to use water to wash it off, LOL.