PDA

View Full Version : Detailing a black Jaguar soon, First black job.

tuscarora dave
08-26-2008, 04:37 PM
I could use some advice on how not to make some big mistakes on this black Jaguar that I have coming up soon. Unfortunately I am at a point financially that I can`t just order a bunch of pro products online, I just spent about $500. on a mega cyclo kit and a bunch of products otc and until I can recoop some of that money to pay back "Paul" I am stuck using my otc stuff. This jag has pretty heavy swirls on it. If there is one product that would be most benaficial for removing swirls in black paint what would it be? my budget at this point is about $50. for a purchase. Also, will megs show car glaze work on black paint?

CharlesW
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
I know nothing about Jaguar paint, but Meguiar`s #80 followed by NXT 2.0 has worked for me on black vehicles.
The #80 is not real aggressive which I like. Takes a little longer, but you don`t mess anything up :)

As far as #7 Showcar Glaze, I have never been able to get it to work on anything. It probably is user error, but by no longer being a user, I eliminated the problem :D
Bought it once, didn`t have any luck, gave it away. I was told I didn`t use it correctly so I bought it again. Had the same luck, (bad :)), gave it away again. It`s not gonna happen a third time. :notme:

sal329
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
When are you detailing the car? Megs #83 and #80 are a good combo to have. What do you have now? See what you are working with.

tuscarora dave
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a finnessing compound from a local supply for dealerships, like a mild abrasive smooth application. I normally follow up with this megs polish called deep crystal part 2 of a 3 part from auto zone. I have mirror glaze show car glaze which I have not used yet. I have a cyclo with yellow,orange ,green and white pads. I want to polish this car as to level the swirls out and plan on using nxt 2.0 what I need is a good polish or something to use between the finnessing compound and the LSP but I am not sure what to use that is compatible with black.

CharlesW
08-26-2008, 10:09 PM
I don`t know the purpose of a "finessing compound", but it would seem like finesse would mean it would leave the paint ready for the LSP. It must not or you wouldn`t be wanting a polishing product to use between the finessing and the LSP.

Just take the Show Car Glaze back, get your money back, buy the M80 and the NXT 2.0.
Skip the "finessing compound".
Polish the car with the M80 and a polishing pad, (I have no idea what yellow, orange, green, white pads are intended for, but surely one of those colors must be for polishing). When the paint looks clear and shiny, wipe off the residue from the M80, apply the NXT 2.0 by hand, let it haze and remove it by hand with a MF towel and you are done.
Do one section first to get the feel for how long you need to polish with the M80 before you do the entire vehicle.

sal329
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Where are you located? When do you plan on detailin the Jag?

RyansAutoDetail
08-27-2008, 02:06 AM
make sure you have a clay system for before u polish ! mothers is a good lil cheap kit !

tuscarora dave
08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
thank you Charles, you have been most helpfull. Dave

tuscarora dave
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Central Pennsylvania , Probably this coming weekend or next weekend. I think I`ll take Charles` advice. Thanks to all who have helped. Dave

dr_detail
08-27-2008, 08:55 PM
An OTC product available just about anywhere car waxes are sold, that IMO, you can`t go wrong with (it`s worked every time for me)...

MOTHERS® California Gold`s three step system. (http://www.motherscaliforniagold.com/index.html) Start with the Pre-Wax Cleaner; follow with the Sealer & Glaze, top it with Carnuba Wax. All three products will set ya back about 20 bucks -- and should be enough to get 4-5 uses.

Also, invest in some masking tape, and use it liberally!!

P.S. Post some pics when you`re done :)