PDA

View Full Version : This really happened!!

Pages : [1] 2

clarks2ndwind
08-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Went to the local detail/auto paint store last week and heard the DUMBEST thing I"ve ever heard!!! I went in and there was a middle age man and his girlfriend? asking about touch up paint. He says to the girl at the counter that he wants to touch up his paint. She gets the color and then he asks if there is that clear coat stuff in the paint. The girl just smiled and said " well no... just the paint color". and explained about clear coat. He was frustrated that his car paint was dull and she asked what he used to wax his car and he actually said "well, my friend told me that you did not have to wax a car with clearcoat" She asked him what he washed it with and he said "Well I just get some paper towels and some WINDEX!!!!!":rofl:rofl:rofl Now... wonder why it is dull?!?!?::hmmm: Honest to goodness this really happened. It took all I had in me not to laugh... He was driving an older model olds or somthing... and it did look like crap! That has been a fun one to tell to my friends!

tmacsad
08-19-2008, 10:47 PM
That is classic. :lmfao

clarks2ndwind
08-19-2008, 10:52 PM
I do have to add.. this guy really did not look that stupid... Just a run of the mill "Joe". Not drunk, strung out, simply looked normal. Even talked normal...

sal329
08-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Hope you told him to use the blue shop towels they clean better then paper towels.

RobertP
08-20-2008, 01:01 AM
That was a good opportunity to make some money there.:)

Mr. Clean
08-20-2008, 08:47 AM
That is odd. :huh: A friend recently relayed a similar story. Seems his Nissan sales guy used Windex to clean his Titan.

Old Pirate
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM
My next door neighbor uses Windex and paper towels to clean his car for the past 8 yrs. Don`t ask how it looks.........

clarks2ndwind
08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Could they be kin folk?!?!?! Some sort of weird recessive gene?!?!?

Bert
08-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately using glass cleaner to clean cars is a common mistake made. Heck if you go on YouTube and watch one of Phil Boler`s videos for Production Car Care he goes to a detail shop to ask them to try his new spray polish compared to what they already use. The guy at the detail shop cleaned the paint with glass cleaner before trying each product. The fact that Boler just watches the guy use glass cleaner and says nothing makes me wonder if he knew any better.:rofl

RANDAL
08-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Lasgt year watched New Car salesman use windex and red shop towel pn new vehichle while we were looking over a vehicle on the lot.

black bart
09-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I see people at car shows using glass cleaner on their paint.
Several do it and it looks pretty good but these cars have a wax or sealant on them.
I use it sometimes at shows to clean the chrome on my engine.
It is fast and leaves the chrome looking very nice,

southsidemex23
09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I have seen my cousins uncle actually get a rag with some automatic transmission oil and apply it to the whole car except the windows! he said "now that is what u call shiny!" lol he believed that waxes just took the paint off but tranny fluid added shine.:bigups

CharlesW
09-10-2008, 06:52 PM
I have seen my cousins uncle actually get a rag with some automatic transmission oil and apply it to the whole car except the windows! he said "now that is what u call shiny!" lol he believed that waxes just took the paint off but tranny fluid added shine.:bigupsThat`s those "Trade Secret Oils" at work. :D

southsidemex23
09-10-2008, 07:09 PM
:idea ahhh! thats right! didn`t know about that. thanx lol

black bart
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
PLEDGE will put a shine on paint just like a QD can.