PDA

View Full Version : First paying detail

J Blazin
08-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Had my first paying customer this morning. My buddie from work wanted me to work on his daughters silver jeep liberty. He requested that I clay and wax the car. I packed up the gear and went out to his place this morning. My process was as follows:

Wash with two bucket method

Clay with blue magic clay bar (removed rust spots along rocker panels from rail dust)

One coat of PB EX by hand

One coat of Nattys Blue by hand

This process took me just over two hours to complete mainly due to the amount of rust spots along the rocker panels. My buddy said the rail dust was his main concern, so I took the extra time to get those spots out with the clay. I would have broke out the pc to get the spots out after claying but I was pressed for time because my buddy and his daughter needed to head out on a trip asap.

Since I`m still learning and detailing as a side gig for now, I thought I would ask you guys and gals here at the city for any advice or coments. Anything you have to offer up would be greatly appreciated.

Beemerboy
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Had my first paying customer this morning. My buddie from work wanted me to work on his daughters silver jeep liberty. He requested that I clay and wax the car. I packed up the gear and went out to his place this morning. My process was as follows:

Wash with two bucket method

Clay with blue magic clay bar (removed rust spots along rocker panels from rail dust)

One coat of PB EX by hand

One coat of Nattys Blue by hand

This process took me just over two hours to complete mainly due to the amount of rust spots along the rocker panels. My buddy said the rail dust was his main concern, so I took the extra time to get those spots out with the clay. I would have broke out the pc to get the spots out after claying but I was pressed for time because my buddy and his daughter needed to head out on a trip asap.

Since I`m still learning and detailing as a side gig for now, I thought I would ask you guys and gals here at the city for any advice or coments. Anything you have to offer up would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on the paying job...those are nice...personally I would have used something like P-w-C or P-w-S after the clay...then topped that off with the EX or Nattys...Since you only had time for two processes

J Blazin
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback Beemerboy. I agree with using PwC/PwS makes sense. With the money I made today that will be my next purchase. Like I said I` m still learning and thats why I come here to the city to learn more. :thanks

sal329
08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Very nice, I am still wiating for my first paid job lol

AlphaOmega
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Congrats on the job. It`s a great feeling when you finish and that customer hands you money with a smile on their face.

J Blazin
08-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah it felt good to get that check in my hand. Since it was from a buddy/co-worker I only charged him half what I would charge a regular customer. Just getting my feet wet and improve my skills. The thing that made me feel even better was the look on his daughters face when she saw her jeep when I was done. Nothing better than a customers validation of your work.