PDA

View Full Version : Real Basic Problem

TMiller
09-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Every time I use interior dressing...let`s say Armor All...on the dash, it looks fine when I apply it, but over time (couple minutes) it looks blotchy! Some spots are shiney, others are dull. I try to go over it again thinking it is just uneven but it still comes out looking like crap (to me). I normally use a towel (terry cloth) however, I tried it with a small microfiber and achieved the same results.

What am I doing wrong!! :wall

Koop
09-10-2003, 09:34 PM
My guess would be that the dash underneeth is not an evenly clean surface. Hence the dressing is soaking into the dirt some places and is resting on the surface others. Did you clean the dash thuroughly b4 hand with some type of vinyl cleaner or apc? If not that could be your problem.

TMiller
09-10-2003, 10:48 PM
No I didn`t use a cleaner first. :beat I didn`t think it would be neded. I guess I was wrong? I will give it a try tomorrow. A cleaner will remove previous "layers" of dressing?

Beemerboy
09-11-2003, 09:21 AM
T

The dash or plastic is not clean I had the same problem while using a 3M cleaner. I was thinking that it was the 3M product but all along it was the area was not clean.
Also I use a foam pad to apply the dressing it smooths out much better you can get into the cracks with ease and use less product.

Get some good APC and clean the dash until it dull then you know youy have all the old product and drit off:cool

Beemerboy
09-11-2003, 09:22 AM
I also meant 3M dressing not cleaner