PDA

View Full Version : my super glue story

E's Exteriors
08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
About two years ago or so me and a fellow employee at the shop I use to work at were tag teaming the out side of a car. Right after I finished my side I heard the guy say o ****, he knocked half a hood emblem of. We didn`t have any double back so the manager told me to use super glue. At first I was like wtf, but then i was like your the boss. So I glued it back on and put it back in my pocket and finish wiping the wax off the hood. After I fished wiping it off I stood up and felt the most awful snag on my leg. :eek: My first thought, I just glued my balls to my leg. Well upon further inspection I glued my pocket liner to my leg.
That day I learned a valuable less don`t put super glue in your pocket with the lid off. I hind sight really funny story but at that moment I wasn`t a happy camper.

onawrxhigh
08-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I have a similar story about super glue, but not in terms of detailing. My friend and I were really into RC Cars during our high school years. Our cars ran heavy modified electic motors and the sometimes would spin the rims inside of the tires. We would use 4-8 drops(2-4 drops perside of wheel) of super glue to prevent this. My friend ran out of his slower setting glue and he had to buy the fastest setting stuff at the store because they where also out of the slower stuff. He went home and we put the new tires on his new rims and he glued them to the rims. What he did not realize was that the instant set stuff he just bought was thin as water and when he put it on the rim/tire combo he squezed to hard dumping half the bottle on all over the rim/tire and his jean shorts pant leg. He ended up gluing the rim/tire to his pant leg plus everything to his leg. He jumped up yelling that it burns and tried geting it off before it set with no luck. We ended up going threw 2 bottles of acetone nail polish remover before we had to rip the last quarter size patch off his leg. He NEVER did that again.

Andrew

JaredPointer
08-04-2008, 07:38 AM
:eek: My first thought, I just glued my balls to my leg.

Pure. Comedy. Gold.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

JohnHenry
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
One of the first cases I handled as a young police officer involved a student squirting a tube of super glue on his teacher`s chair, just as he was sitting down. It was rather difficult maintaining a professional bearing and demeanor as the kids were rolling in the aisles. Law Enforcement usually strives to close cases, but this victim had to be surgically opened if you catch my meaning.

sal329
08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
LOL some funny stories
When I worked at the BMW dealer in FL, one of the techs was always joking around and he glued one of the parts guys water bottle caps onto the water bottle. Well the glue was not fully set the guy opened it took a nice long sip and had a hard time gettin the bottle off. He was very lucky that the glue still was not fully cured and some water and pulling got it off with just lil skin.